“Everything Perfect”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kruger National Park
Singita Lebombo Lodge
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Everything Perfect”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

From the moment we were greeted by Lucky we had the best time ever in our history of traveling. Top three-- Tokyo, Jerusalem, and now Singita Lebombo Lodge. Andrew (tracker) and Brian (ranger) accompanied us during all safaris. Extremely skilled and knowledgeable team. Food was excellent, staff were VERY hospitable. The lodge was absolutely breathtaking. Hippos in our backyard, everything about this experience was top notch and would recommend to all travelers. Only wish we spent an extra day. GOSH DARNNIT!

Oh yah, we got really lucky with the 72-74 degree weather w/ overcast and lush vegetation. Spoiled we were.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Without question, the finest resort/hotel experience of my life.

And you pay for it (~ $2,000/nt all-inclusive), but I can't imagine a more sublime few days.

Everyone was on top of their game 100%; incredible feather-light service that was never in your face yet anticipated every need.

The lodge itself was contemporary bliss. In the middle of nowhere but felt like the most luxurious, pampering NYC St Regis.

And the unspoiled, beautiful landscape chock full of animals - WOW! .. And the stars at night.

Quite simply: a once in a life time experience that I will always consider the be all and end all of travel experiences.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Palm Beach Gardens
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have spent the last five years criss crossing the world as part of my job. Our experience at Lebombo was one of the highlights of our travel.It began with the thrill of a small plane ride to get to the wilderness of Kruger. The lodge and service were world class. The safari experience lived up to the "bucket list" accolades my wife and I had hoped for, I give the total experience the strongest endorsement possible.
KJL and CWL, USA

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Michigan
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I am writing this review begrudgingly. I never like sharing my favorite and best places. Honestly, I have never even taken the time to write a trip advisor review. However, I was so moved and touched by their entire operation and experience. I felt obligated to. I travel to Africa often for business, and have the luxury of being able to go on safari two – three times a year after the conclusion of my business. Through the years I have visited in numerous lodges and camps. I've been to several countries throughout Africa, and experienced everything from a roughing it type trip to ultra-Luxe.
Lebombo is truly my favorite!
Everything is flawless!
Truly service that I have very seldom if ever experienced on a global basis. I travel over 300 nights a year, and I rate them as the very best. From the time that I landed at the small airstrip and was greeted by my guide, Ross and my tracker given, I've never been so taken care of. The manager Kevin, is awesome as well. Everyone makes you feel like you are part of the family, you never go without, nor do you have to ask more than once. Every single little detail is addressed. After my first evening there, I asked Kevin to make sure that the curtains in the room were always open. I told him that I was there to experience nature, and I wanted to soak it all in. Approximately 45 minutes later, right after I finished my lunch, I went back to my amazing room to find all of my curtains open!
The accommodations need no mention, they are perfect! The food is a 10! Not your typical run of the mill resort type buffet mass-market food. I had some meals that would rival Michelin star restaurants. Imagine that in the middle of the Bush.
In three days I saw 54 Lions, one Leopard, in numerous elephant sightings, in numerous hippopotamus sightings, zebras, giraffes, hyena, on and on and on. While I was there. The weather was cool and rainy. Probably not the most ideal conditions, for sure, but I never even noticed it being in such a incredible environment with such wonderful people.
I guarantee you if you visit them you will not be disappointed. Go with an open mind and open heart and you will certainly be touched.

As I flew home to the USA, I was checking out my calendar, looking at when I can come back and visit again.

There are far too many people at the Lodge to mention, all of them deserve a standing ovation for what they do on a daily basis. To them I am certainly grateful for having such a positive impact on me and the time that I had spent with them.

I would match this place with any of the top resorts globally!

Be careful – – when you visit, all other resorts and experiences afterwords; are going to be a letdown.

Room Tip: All the rooms are perfect. I would only make one recommendation, a couple of the rooms are a very pl...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Hans H
New York, NY
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed at Lebombo for four nights, and it was amazing. Definitely one of the best places we've had the opportunity to stay at for vacation. Here's a somewhat rambling summary:

Rooms/lodge -- very sleek and modern decor (we also spent a few nights at Singita Ebony beforehand, which is more traditional decor). All of the amenities you want (e.g., high-end baths, iPod docks, daily laundry service), super comfortable beds/linens, common areas that clearly had a lot of interior design thought go into, etc. Our room/balcony overlooked the river with a 180 degree view of the Kruger. There was always interesting wildlife looming around, and it was pretty common to hear hippos making noise outside. One warning -- to get from the common lodge area to the rooms, you have to walk on elevated pathways with no rails -- requires caution at night...

Food -- incredibly fresh, creative, and well executed. I had some food preferences noted beforehand, and I got a customized menu for each meal. Even something simple like a salad tasted delicious and unlike anything I've had in the U.S. -- the greens were so fresh that they actually had a different texture/flavor. Anything you want that can be feasibly prepared will be done for you.

Wine -- since Singita is all-inclusive, we had several fun wine tastings and interesting bottles at every dinner and some lunches. Other than Champagne, everything in the cellar/on the wine list is domestic but the selection is still enormous (I heard that Singita is one of the biggest buyers of South African wine). Eben, the sommelier, was very accommodating and knowledgable.

Game drives -- again, amazing. Our guide, Danie, and our tracker, Solomon, were a ton of fun and really knew their stuff. Because there are so few rooms at Singita, we basically never saw other vehicles while we were on our morning/afternoon/evening game drives. The Land Rovers seat six guests in total, but it was just me and my wife for most game drives. We saw all of the big five and incredible volume of animals -- for example, a field filled with dozens of lion cubs playing, big gatherings by a riverside of kudu/giraffes/impala/hippos/etc., an army of buffalos, crowds of elephants marching... The landscapes are breathtaking as well. Danie is a competent photographer, and he was very helpful giving me suggestions on manual camera settings to use in the bush. We learned a lot about the local culture, animal habits, and environment.

Service -- above all, this was what really made our stay so memorable. The people that work at Singita are so attentive yet warm/friendly/relaxed, so it doesn't feel intrusive or weird at all. Every small detail is taken care of, and special care is taken to accommodate your interests. I love wine, and we had interesting horizontal tastings of Syrah and Cabernet arranged by the sommelier. One night our bathroom was set up with candles lit everywhere, a bubble bath drawn, and sparkling wine being chilled. On one game drive, we had a surprise stop at a cliffside overlooking a crazy sunset -- Singita staff had secretly arrived early to set up a big cocktails/crepes spread. We were curious to see the starry night sky (I've never seen such a clear sky filled with so many stars...) -- our guide took us out one night and gave a tutorial on all the constellations. One couple we met jokingly warned us that we need to be careful of what we ask for, since the Singita staff members go out of their way to make things happen... Nigel, the general manager, and Kevin, the lodge manager, were both so helpful, friendly, and easy-going that we immediately felt welcome and comfortable.

Other activities -- we shot archery one afternoon, shopped in the extensive boutique store, and had tons of freshly made afternoon snacks/drinks. We thought about doing a mountain biking tour and going to the gym/spa but never got around to these. Since we didn't miss a game drive (two per day) and the meals tended to last a long time, we felt that our days were sufficiently full...

Singita certainly isn't cheap, but it's all inclusive and truly world-class -- if you take advantage of all that's offered, it almost seems like a great deal (hence my 5 rating for value). We'll always remember our amazing stay here and hope to be lucky enough to return someday...

Room Tip: We stayed at room #4, which had panoramic views of the river and landscape. One staff member told u...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CDP5
cape town
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Place of Miracles, can this be changed to 'place of dreams'? We had the wonderful opportunity to spend four days at this most amazing lodge. Overwhelmed by the architecture of this lodge and then to enhance this, staff that mean it when they say, the guests's are their first priority. It would be difficult to make an exception of any specific area. Staff, meals, game drives, attention to the smallest detail, all without being obtrusive. Could all this be possible in the bush? At Singita, this is possible. Once you've managed to be less overwhelmed by the architecture, Nigel and his staff are ready and waiting to assist in any way possible. Nigel, a huge congratulations to all of you. The bush you can't control, which is a wonderful contrast against this exceptionally well-run lodge. I do have to mention the name of our guide and tracker: Nico and Glass. Again we felt so spoiled being on their drives and them sharing all their knowledge with us. A fantastic gift this was to our souls.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tanglewoodCapeTown
North Carolina
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The service and staff were some of the best we have ever experienced in all our travels.
They are completely client focused, attentive, cheerful and try to meet your every need. Though there is a daily
menu, the chef will prepare whatever you wish. The accommodations
are tasteful and beautiful! If you want to see the animals, this is the place! Singita Lebombo is a private concesssion so
game trackers and drivers can take you through the bush to see all the animals at very close range.
We watched a leopard several feet way and saw a pride of 25+ lions. The list goes on! The trip is not
easy as you must take a small plane to land on the dirt runway in Kruger, but the reward is worth
the trip!!