I stayed her ein October 2012 with my wife on a trip through South Africa. We stayed at Berg-en-Dal for a day and a night on our way through Kruger NP. Like most other reviews, there are a lot of positive aspects of the hotel and grounds, with some parts that could have been made better.
- Big, spacious cabins, with 3 beds
- Full kitchenette contained within the cabin, with great lighting
- Cabin backed right up to wilderness, allowing us to spot wildlife right outside the windows
- Everything worked well - sinks, air conditioning, hot/cold water, small appliances provided in kitchen
- Vaulted ceilings lent airy feel and further made the cabin feel huge
- Huge outdoor patio with grilling fixture, table, chairs, extra seating area - really nice
- The worst I can say is the bedding was threadbare - you can see holes in the "zebra-skin" comforters in my pictures, but the rest of the bedding was not great and thin
- There was a hole in the mortar of the brick surrounding the outside door - wasps kept going in and out of the hole on the outside, so I had to stuff some tissues in both sides as a temporary fix
- We found small ants in the kitchen area - they didn't seem to congregate or mass, but anyone that's messed with ants knows it's a potential problem.
Overall, I'd recommend Berg-en-Dal to anyone in the area in Kruger NP, it's worth a stay. If I had to stay a week or so, I might rethink the accommodations or at least request some fixes or a different cabin due to the hole near the door and the ants. But, really, Berg-en-Dal is a great place to use as a base camp in Kruger - have fun!
Thanks for reading this review, feel free to contact me if you have any questions at all!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your Berg-en-Dal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berg-En-Dal Hotel Kruger National Park