“Wonderful quiet camp”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kruger National Park
Crocodile Bridge Rest Camp
Cambridge
“Wonderful quiet camp”
Reviewed October 14, 2011

This was our first Kruger National Park camp, recommended by a KNP fanatic!! Despite the fact that he neglected to mention that plates and cutlery aren't provided(!) we still had an awesome 2 nights here. We stayed in Safari Tent 8 I think, it's basically a quite big tent on a platform, with 2 beds and a fridge that's outside on the veranda where the table and chairs for eating are. Beautiful setting as you look out in the morning sun or evening dusk over the bush. We had a very friendly hyena that kept us company/entertained in the evenings as it paced past us waiting for scraps from the braii - which we did not give! Nice and peaceful campsite, very friendly people, clean and great animal viewing even in the camp. Some warthogs made it into the camp as well which was fun!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tefoonez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed October 7, 2011

I have stayed at Croc Bridge rest camp about 4 times now and really love it. I think I have a soft spot for it because it was my first camp I ever stayed in. We stayed in a tent and it is a smaller camp but the benefit of that is it's quieter and more private.

The camps proximity to the bridge is very close if you walk around the camp you can see the bridge which is pretty cool anyway but the part I disliked the most was there was a little dirt road running in front of the camp; I guess leading up to one of the farms; sometimes I seen a person walking up there, or a bicycle and sometimes even a vehicle - it did make me think, what the hell? I thought we were in the bush here and there are wild animals around? Kind of ruined my 'I'm in the bush' feeling.

However, saying that there are SO many animals around Crocodile Bridge. You will see so many different types of game and night times are very interesting because the camp is so quiet you can hear all the animals and it's quite exhilirating because there are so many around! There is a pride of lions not very far away at all so you often hear lion roaring at night; and where there's lion there's generally alot of other game too. We had an elephant right next to fence at CB, as well as hyena, hundreds of impala, warthogs, kudu, buffalo... the lot! I think this was just on one night.

They have a good little shop and I always felt a nice feeling when returning to Croc Bridge; it's a lovely camp and I'd definitly recommend it. I think everyone has their own favourite camp so try it and see if you like it!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Em_Patt
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Kruger National Park - Crocodile Bridge Camp inside the Kruger National Park
This small and delightful camp is situated on the banks of the Crocodile River the most southern border of the park – Only a few Rondawels and a lot of camping space… nice and quiet… There is no restaurant so make sure you prepare for a South African Braai…

Room Tip: There is no restaurant so make sure you prepare for a South African Braai…