“True Safari Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kruger National Park
Marc's Treehouse Lodge
Sydney, Australia
“True Safari Experience”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

These treehouses were the perfect way to spend a week on safari. The hosts were truly accommodating and the food was very delicious - including the local cuisines we got to try. They have all the modern facilities in wonderful natural setting. We stayed in the very high treehouse on the first night but had to move because monkey's raided our place (but didn't get away with anything) when we were out! The host insisted we change treehouses, even though we were more than happy to stay - we can now say we had a true safari experience! Situated very close to Orpen gate for Kruger National Park and with a wonderful itinerary, this was a trip never to forget.

Room Tip: We loved the treehouses because you could hear all the wildlife around you and sit on the balcony an...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Potchefstroom, South Africa
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My stay at Marcs Treehouse was a memorable experience I will not forget. The staff was very welcoming and helpful at all times. The camp was often visited by wild animals which was incredibly exciting and made the walk to the accommodation a real adventure. The tents, guesthouses and treehouses are beautifully nestled in the nice surroundings. One drawback, however, was the slow and poor internet connection! Otherwise I enjoyed my stay very much and can highly recommend the camp - a true African experience!

Room Tip: Definitely treehouses as it is a unique and unforgettable experience
Potchefstroom, North-West, South Africa
Reviewed September 24, 2013

To stay at marcs treehouse was unforgettable and will remain in my memory. The tented accommodation was very exciting and pretty located, the chance to see wild animals on the way back to the tents was always thrilling.
The staff was very, very competent, helpful and always knew what is going on, who everybody has to go and did not forget to smile all the time.
I would highly recommend a stay at the Marcs Lodge if it is in a guesteroom, a treehouse or a tented accommodation.

Room Tip: A treehouse accommodation would be the top of the mountain
london
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed here as part of a "three day" Viva Safari booked via African Budget Safaris at a very reasonable price for what you got - I think it's worthwhile bearing this in mind when judging the accommodations and service.

From start to finish everything was very well organised and as specified when we booked. We didn't have a free minute it seemed as we moved from one activity to the next! We were kept well informed by the hosts at all times.

We stayed in a "guest house" rather than the treehouse - which for us with it's indoor bathroom was preferable but if you really wanted a treehouse I'm sure if you requested this in advance this wouldn't be a problem.

The room was spotlessly clean and the shower was hot, all good. There were mosquito nets but these weren't a problem at the end of winter.

Food could have been a bit more plentiful, seconds were available of some things but if you are a big eater you might want to bring some snacks!

We saw plenty on our sunset drives and day in Kruger - the guides knew the parks well and where to take us for the best chance of spotting.

If I did it again I'd probably go for the four day option and have an extra night - it would make the whole trip seem a bit more chilled I'd think.

But overall it was a great trip, Marcs camp was brilliant, some amazing memories and such fantastic value - wouldn't hesitate to book again!

Room Tip: request a treehouse in advance if you literally want to be up a tree
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed September 15, 2013

If you´re looking for a wildlife experience where you can live among wild animals such as monkeys and Impalas, I can deeply recommend spending a night or two at Marc´s Treehouses.

Marcs Treehouse - location and standard:
Not every house is located in a tree. Most of them are standing on wood piles. However, every house is located in the bush surrounded by impalas, monkeys, birds and crickets so you really get the feel of sleeping the wild africa. The standard of the houses was good and blended perfectly in with the natural atmosphere. It contained beds wrapped in mosquito net, showers with hot water and a regular WC.

The first thing I saw when I was walking towards the breakfast house was a monkey sitting at my porch and an Impala eating some grass along the pathway. Be warned, if you forget to lock the door, the monkeys will enter the lodge and steal whatever you got that is edible.

The big 5 - and other animals:
The opportunity to see the big 5 are good, but since animal behavior is unpredictable I unfortunately did only see 3 (elephant, rhino and buffalo) out of 5 during my two-night stay at the lodge. Notwithstanding to not seeing lions or leopards, we saw A LOT of wild animals such as Impala, Antelope, Worthog, Zebra, Hippo, Giraffe, Kudu, Eagle, Vulture and etc.

Staff - transportation and hospitality:
I was picked up at the O.R. Tambo by one of the staff. The drive from the airport took about 4-5 hours, with a lunch stop. Some part of the drive is very memorable because some of it went through beautiful African scenery. I enjoyed the drive.

The hospitality was good. The staff at the lodge were very friendly and welcoming. The breakfast contained both cold and hot food such as cereals, egg, bacon. I also enjoyed the included three-courses dinner.

During the game-view driving. They guided us through the bush in a professional and helpful manner. The roads can sometimes be a bit bumpy, but I always felt safe on board the vehicle. We got really close to the animals most of the times which is gave me a lot of good photo opportunities.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Marc's Treehouse lodge is more than i ever expected it to be. My friends and I booked a 3 day tour and stayed in a treehouse. Every meal and scheduled safari was on time and excellent! the food was amazing and we saw the big five and more. We learned a lot from the locals and especially our host Pretty. She was more then welcoming and although it was only 3 days, made me feel like I was right at home. She was caring, helpful, informational and insightful. I learned a lot about the bush in those 3 days and even more about myself and could not have done it without Pretty. Wonderful wonderful experience I will definitely be back!

Cheers!

Room Tip: tree houses are the way to go
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank libby r
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We arrived at Marc's Treehouse Lodge (MTL) after spending a night in Tremisana Game Lodge. The people working there were kind, helpful, social and service-minded. Especially the guide Patrick, deserves a special mention! He was our driver for the tour in Kruger Park.
It was incredible to stay in treehouses, surrounded by monkeys and impalas.
The food was good, but it was really the atmosphere and the people that made this stay so good. In the evenings, after safari, all the guest ate dinner around the big bonfire, sharing beers, stories and experiences. The people working there also joined! For us Norwegians, this was a really good and exotic experience!
Needless to say, our tour to the Kruger Park was absolutely brilliant! Thank you!

1 Thank SondreLV
VivaSafaris, General Manager at Marc's Treehouse Lodge, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Hi Sondre

Thank you for a fantastic review !

We are very pleased that you enjoyed yourself so much and that it " couldn't have been better ". We are especially thrilled that you describe our staff as " kind, helpful, social and service-minded" - they are so happy to read this !

It is great that you appreciate the atmosphere at Marc's Treehouse Lodge. Enjoying dinner around the fire and sharing beers, stories and experiences adds the magical ingredient to make your safari with Viva truly unforgettable. It was great that you appreciated the staff joining in - they need to have fun at work !

Kind regards

#3 of 14 in Klaserie Private Game Reserve
Klaserie River Safari Lodge
Klaserie River Safari Lodge
#22 of 104 in Hoedspruit

Been to Marc's Treehouse Lodge? Share your experiences!