“Bull sipping from the swimming pool”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kruger National Park
Marc's Treehouse Lodge
“Bull sipping from the swimming pool”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed in a lovely room with a balcony overlooking the river. It got a little chilly, but blankets were sufficient. The taps and showers gave me an electric shock this morning. But all in all, the staff are very friendly and articulate, able to answer all my questions kindly. this place has a rustic, laidback feel. As indicated in the title, animals come pretty close. Be prepared to walk a few minutes to your room.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Berkeley, California
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed at Marc's treehouse lodge for three nights of my 4 night Viva Safari adventure and wish that all four had been at Marc's! It is a delightful location, with tents and beautiful bamboo cabins amidst the African bush with wild animals greeting you each morning. The beds were comfortable, the water hot, the food delicious, and the staff was the best part. It was very cold during my stay, and they offered more blankets and even a hot water bottle to make me comfortable. One night they even walked me back to my room when I was afraid of buffalo! They made the whole experience amazing, encouraging people to stay after dinner to sit around the fire at night, telling stories about South Africa, and taking time to help and get to know each guest. If I ever return to the bush of South Africa I will surely be back at Marc's treehouse lodge!

Room Tip: I recommend getting a room or a guesthouse rather than a tent. It is worth the extra bit of money to...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I have to start by saying that 5 stars is not enough for Marcs Treehouse, I'd award 10 if it let me. My fiancee and I stayed here at the end of our holiday and it was the climax of the whole trip. The staff are fantastic, you never feel like a customer while you stay, more like a guest in their house. they were so warm, nice, funny and knowledgeable about everything they do. When it was time to go I did not want to leave, I even asked them for a job so that I could stay!
Everything about it was brilliant, the welcome we recieved, the treehouses themselves are beautiful and well presented and to top it off the food was stunning. I will definitely be coming back in the future.

ireland
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in Marc's treehouse and loved our stay there. Food was delicious, Isaac & Dominic were informative and interesting to listen to on the trips into Kruger and around the campfire, Pretty & Taglita were wonderful hosts and kept us entertained as well as looking after us from start to finish. The treehouses were truly unique and would definitely recommend this to anyone else looking to travel to Kruger.

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Great experience to have a room with electricity and toilets with hot water inside the bush!
During the night I could even hear some animals nearby. Also, the food was great and the staff was really nice, they did their best for our stay to be awsome.
Every night when we came back, great dinner was served and after that everybody stayed by the campfire, having some fun. I would definitely come back there.

Room Tip: Some of the treehouses have really nice balconies. Others are up some trees, so avoid those during w...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Had a great experience at Marc's Treehouse, all the staff are lovely and really look after you. After 2 days here I did not want to leave, after spending the days out looking for game, it was brilliant to come back to really nice food around the campfire, with lots of fun and laughter. The rooms are really comfortable too especially the bed, where you get a great nights sleep! Will never forget this place :)

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed two nights in Tremisana and two nights in Marc's Treehouse and both places were breathtaking ! You are in the middle of Africa's Reserves and near animals (or directly in front of buffalos when going to your treehouse at night !). The staff is very welcoming, nice and helpul. I definitely recommend Viva Safari for living a unique life experience !!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
#3 of 15 in Klaserie Private Game Reserve
nThambo Tree Camp
nThambo Tree Camp
#4 of 15 in Klaserie Private Game Reserve

Been to Marc's Treehouse Lodge? Share your experiences!