“Wonderful!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hoedspruit
Zuleika Country House
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hoedspruit
Jersey City, NJ
“Wonderful!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2008

We stayed at this place during our honeymoon in South Africa. It was a wonderful hidden getaway. The property is beautiful- we had a great time exploring the area around the house and playing with the dogs that lived at Zuleika. Sadly, we were only able to stay there for one night but the dinner and breakfast the next morning were delicious! The room was huge- very clean and spacious. The bathroom was so unique- I loved the stone shower! It was a wonderful experience. If I am ever in South Africa again, I will definitely stay at the Zuleika Country House again!

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2007

I stayed one night early September in Zuleika house and I wish I had booked more time!

I chose to spend 1 day near Hoesdprut for two reasons: 1) I wanted to visit the Panoramic road and 2) I needed a place not too far from Camp Jabulani, where I had an Elephant Back Safari at 6:30 AM. So I really used the place only to crash. Which is a waste: the lodge was spacious and nicely decorated, using non processed materials I think. Very creative approach and design.

I has the Superior room. I think there are 3 of them, all different I'm told. Mine was the closest to the reception and restaurant so it was less private than the other two. The view was nice from our balcony. I think one of the other two room had somewhat less of an obstructed view (by trees) so you could see the mountains clearly. I was in room 4.

The ground themselves are immaculate. There was a pool and a small pond. When we were there they were building additional bungalows.

Booked a dinner there. I think it was 120 ZAR per person and was really worth it. The quietness in this area is unbelievable. It's a great way to enjoy the near Kruger area. The breakfast was diversified and generous, and the setting of the restaurant overlooking the mountains and the grounds is pure serenity. I also heard that they had Hippos on the property but we didn't have a chance to see them, we rushed to our Private Reserve.

Definitely will come back if I can.

• Liked — Quieteness, attention to details in the rooms, good value
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank spartac
Hertfordshire, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2007

Stayed at Zuleika last October for 3 nights as part of a trip around South Africa and Mozambique. I think we actually chose the honeymoon suite with it's private balcony, four poster bed and huge bath. It wasn't deliberate, but it was a good thing to do. We arrived here after a long drive from Jo'burg which followed a long flight from Heathrow and we were delighted to arrive, get a cold drink and be shown to our gorgeous room. The owner and all the staff were very helpful throughout our stay and I must mention the food as both breakfast and dinner were fantastic. The grounds of the Zulieka are lovely with great views out to the escarpment, we also explored the Crocodile River at the bottom of the garden and found it lived up to its name! Hoedspruit itself is a very small town but we used this as a base to explore the top end of the Blyde River Canyon and then on into the Kruger which worked very well for us.

• Liked — Views, relaxing experience, quality of room
  • Disliked — Bar closed early!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
north yorkshire, england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2006

Could not believe our eyes when we first saw the view of the mountains from our private balcony. Spent 4 nights here, unfortunately we could only eat in twice because the food was very good. Most comfortable room and we found Lukas a congenial host. Very convenient for Blyde River dam and canyon, Panorama route, Moholoholo animal rehabilitation centre, Bombyx mori silk centre. Good pizzas at the Trading Post. Would definitely go back!

• Stayed February 2006
1 Thank fairtrader
Brussels
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2006

We stayed there for 5 nights while looking for a property in this wonderful area. The local cook, Maria (see photo below) prepared brilliant local dishes for evening and fresh rolls for breakfast. Their fresh mangoes (it is part of a farm) were sumptous. The view from the terrace of the Drakensburg escarpment was breathtaking, especially at sundowner time. The hospitality was first class, and Nina's energetic approach was refreshing. Alti and Lucas well manage a quality hostel - the best B&B we've stayed at in South Africa.

8 Thank robin22059
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoedspruit
Kapama River Lodge
#28 of 100 in Hoedspruit
Shikwari Game Reserve
Shikwari Game Reserve
#53 of 100 in Hoedspruit

Been to Zuleika Country House? Share your experiences!