“Its All About Me! And You! You will feel treasured...”
Review of Camp Jabulani

Camp Jabulani
Reviewed January 30, 2011

After a long flight from Phoenix AZ with an overnight stay in a Johannesburg cheap airport hotel, our excitement for our first trip to South Africa had been tempered. But when we arrived at Camp Jabulani our excitement returned full force. The staff did everything right - let us see our room, have lunch immediately, told us about all the opportunities as part of the conversation to determine what we liked to do and then they provided it seamlessly and with pleasure. The rooms are luxurious, the lobby is warm and welcoming, the chef, wait staff and concierge were friendly yet unobtrusive. Our personal guide, Hein, was spectacular but the other guests felt the same way about their guide! And if you feel a special connection to elephants, do NOT miss the elephant back safari. We did it at night and there were tears of thankfulness in my eyes during the trip. Nothing compares to it. Go! Enjoy!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Triciachic

Reviewed December 18, 2010

Camp Jabulani was an incredible family experience... if you have to save for five years for this trip, it will be worth every cent. We are a family of five with our oldest having autism. He was definitely nervous at first, but ended up loving it so much. The sunset elephant safari was better than we expected, the quiet foot steps of these huge animals brought all of the other animal sounds so close. The staff was absolutely the best, the chef was accomodating to our picky eaters as well as making outstanding unique meals for my "try anything" husband. The zebra's, giraffe's, rhino's, etc... were comfortable with the thousands of pictures we took. More than perfect accomodations. Thank you Camp Jabulani!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank familymomtravel
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Camp Jabulani exceeded all of our expectations on all levels. The main lodge areas are gorgeous and well done. I loved seeing all the wildlife just hanging up near the lodge and pathways. The rooms are large and beautiful with super comfy beds, fireplace and a large tub with great body products. The staff is wonderful and will accommodate every need - mine was to be with the ellies as much and as long as possible. Chef is fabulous!!!! She will make whatever you desire. We saw wonderful wildlife and our guide was fantastic BUT it is all about the elephants and that is why you go here. We had a truly amazing experience, so up close and personal with these incredible animals ...it is a life changing
experience and I highly recommend it. Go, go now and give Jabu a big hug and kiss from me!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JerriH
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Jabulani was a big part of the trip of my lifetime. Travelling with members of 3 different generations isn't always easy but in this case we were all in total agreement : Jabulani is the superlative safari experiece. Attention to detail is the first comment that comes to mind. It is present in everything. The food is memorable, the decor is enchanting, the safari rides with Rey were perfect, the elephants are so amazing....

Life is made of experiences and this one is at the top of my list.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2010

My husband, daughter and myself spent two nights at Camp Jabulani this past August. I would never be able to truly describe in words how absolutely astounding this property is. From the reception we received right down to the last good-bye, every second was filled with moments we will treasure forever.

We stayed in the Lundi Suite which was just beautiful with it's own private plunge pool. We left our big doors open at night and had the most wonderful opportunity of hearing the lions roaring what seemed to be right outside our door but we were told was a few kilometers away. The room also has a beautiful large bathtub and a shower which overlooks the bush. I have never stayed in such a beautiful room before.

A stay at Camp Jabulani allows you the opportunity of visiting the Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre which is definitely worth a visit even if not staying at Camp Jabulani. We were very lucky and were able to meet the founder, Lente Roode while there.
Petting a cheetah was definitely a highlight of our visit.

The best part of Camp Jabulani are the elephants. We had a daily elephant safari and enjoyed every moment of sitting on the back of these gentle giants while walking through the bush. They are so big yet you don't hear them at all. We encountered a herd of buffalo while walking and they just turned and walked away! Watching them grab onto a tree branch and yank it out as a treat along the way will make you laugh!

The food is amazing and the chef always checks to make sure it is to your liking. She does an amazing job. Breakfasts were my favourite and there was also fresh baked scones and muffins, yogurt, fruit and hot items to order.

Our Ranger, Fred, did a wonderful job and ensured we were able to see a varied amount of wildlife. We had not yet seen a male lion and he even managed to find that for us!

We had a wonderful experience at Camp Jabulani and truly hope to be able to make it back there for hopefully a longer stay. I can find absolutely no faults with anything about the property and know that anyone who stays there will be in for a special experience.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank sgbLondonOntario
Reviewed July 22, 2010

We were so very impressed with the outstanding service at Camp Jabaluni as well as the excellent game viewing. Our guide, Stefan, was just amazing. The food served at every meal was also just the best. Cannot wait to return...I feel like I left part of my heart there!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BethMisner
Reviewed July 17, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for part of our honeymoon following a recommendation from a friend in the travel agency business. I was slightly skeptical because I normally do ALOT of research and book my own trips but a safari holiday was way our of my comfort zone!! I work in the hotel industry and am lucky to travel throughout EMEA, US & Caribbean often which I say just as context because Camp Jabulani is without a doubt the most enchanting place I have ever had the privelege of staying. The quality of accommodation is exquisite and the food and location amazing. What really makes this place special however is the service. The lodge is extremely luxurious without any pretention, and the service is flawless from the safari guides to the restaurant. The beauty of the rooms is amazing given the remote location....the bath was gorgeous and outside pool an added bonus though it was too cold for us to dare during our trip! The meals rivaled the best Michelin star restaurants in London. We felt totally comfortable and pampered during our stay and met some amazing people. The safari was brilliant and we were sad to leave!! We look forward to a wedding anniversary trip sometime in the future!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Momormum
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoedspruit
Kapama River Lodge
#2 of 104 in Hoedspruit
Moditlo River Lodge
Moditlo River Lodge
#8 of 104 in Hoedspruit

Been to Camp Jabulani? Share your experiences!