Thornhill Safari Lodge
Swadini A Forever Resort(Hoedspruit)(Great Value!)
$46
$44
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Kapama River Lodge(Kapama Private Game Reserve)(Great Value!)
$656
  • Breakfast included
Kapama Buffalo Camp(Kapama Private Game Reserve)
$909
Kapama Southern Camp(Kapama Private Game Reserve)
$840
Kapama Karula(Kapama Private Game Reserve)
$2,012
$64
$61
  • Pool
Garonga Safari Camp(Makalali Private Game Reserve)
$1,039
  • Breakfast included
Hippo Pools Resort(Hoedspruit)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsintrepid travellady gagaeveryone eats togethersunset deckbush walkhour tripweather permittingkruger national parkother guestswell stocked barprivate game parkgame drivescommunal diningbig game drivesouth africaamazing experiencestayed here for nights
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My partner and I really enjoyed our stay here! The staff, particularly Charmaine, were so lovely and welcoming.The rooms are comfortable and offer everything you need, the lodge is small and intimate. We booked this through Intrepid, and the 3 night package offered great value for money. The private game drive was definitely a highlight, having seen a pride of lions with their kill, plus seeing elephants and rhinos up close. The drive in Kruger with Jerry was amazing as well. Thank you to you all at Thornhill and we hope to be back again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SKI79
Chris E, General Manager at Thornhill Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about Thornhill. I will ensure that you sentiments are passed on to the staff and especially to Charmaine and Jerry. On behalf of all my team here thanks for staying with us and for the great review.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is a great place to spend your time in South Africa. The staff are so accomadating to your every need and make sure that you are doing all the activities that you want on your stay. They all have a great local knowledge and you will learn so much about the local culture. On my first Safari I saw four of the big five and was blown away by how close you get to the animals. That being said I felt safe at all times.

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Chris E, General Manager at Thornhill Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Many thanks for the review, on behalf of all my team it was a pleasure sharing our home with you and we're all pleased you had a great time. I'm sure there is a lot more we could show you so take to long before you return.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I am a seasoned traveler to Africa so this time I was very lucky to travel to Southern Africa with my whole family (8 people including 3 grandchildren). This was my second time to Kruger NP but my first stay at Thornhill Safari Lodge. Staying at this lodge was definitely a highlight of our trip - it has a wonderful atmosphere, food is good and the staff are very warm, friendly & helpful. Chris & Charmaine have a high standard of professionalism, very knowledgeable & have a sincere hands on interaction with their guest and makes each person feel that your stay there is "all about you" and my family definitely want to return for a longer stay. We are/would recommend this lodge to anyone traveling to South Africa.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Christine R
Chris E, General Manager at Thornhill Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Christine, it was great having you all here and I think the whole team here enjoyed your stay as much as you guys did. Thank you for the recommendation.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is a great value for money - Thornhill offers 3 and 4 day safari packages. You get to see everything you need to see - without all the over the top perks. The rooms are comfortable and cozy - the staff is very friendly and the food is good. You feel like you are going to a friend's place for dinner. It is a great place for those with a more limited budget as safari lodges can be expensive.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Chris E, General Manager at Thornhill Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thanks for the review. They are always beneficial to us and especially for future visitors. While anyone stays with us our home becomes their home and I'm pleased you felt you "were going to a friends for dinner". Keep in touch and hopefully your'll come back.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I strongly recommend this lodge!! Charmaine and all the staff were great, very friendly and eager to please their guests.
The games were awesome, especially the one in the private game reserve. The morning walk was out of this world!
We really enjoy our stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank metorresf
Chris E, General Manager at Thornhill Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a great review. I will ensure Charmaine and all the staff see this. Go well on your travels and please stay in touch.