“Good food, poor service”

Primi Piatti Centurion
Ranked #84 of 168 Restaurants in Centurion
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I regularly visit Primi Piatti ,especially when I am away on business. I have also worked for this group at their head office so I know the standards that are required in their food and the service that customers experience. Tonight was not a good night at Primi. While the food was excellent the service was not. These are the poor events:
1. Wrong drinks order delivered
2. Waitress dropped (warm) lemonade and then proceeded to open it with half of it landing on the floor
3. I had to ask for house bread
4. Waitresses point of sale card dangling in my food

Management must accept responsibility and ensure that staff are adequately trained

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Friendly service, vibey atmosphere, good food. I would recommend Primi for a quick meal or even a birthday celebration.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Situated next to the gym and fitness centre probably helps! Their food is exceptional and very different from other restaurants. I enjoyed the Haloumi wrap (not a traditional wrap!). Good venue to hang out with friends, watch a game and enjoy good food. Service is also very good.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Primi Piatti is one example of a “generic chain restaurant” in South Africa. Most of these chains are OK, but nothing to write home about. Menus across such chains are generally unimaginative, so similar that I almost can’t tell the difference among the various brands without looking for the establishment’s name. At least Primi Piatti has a clear focus: Italian cuisine.

At a recent, early dinner with a friend, I found my pasta dish better than expected – that is to say, tasty and with a slightly interesting sauce, but not anything special The “large portion” was moderate in size, just fine for dinner. My friend’s salad was good, customized as requested. Service was fine, but then the restaurant was almost empty at that hour. The Centurion branch is has two levels for dining. Overall I wouldn’t mind eating here again for convenience, but it’s not the kind of place that I would choose for particularly interesting food.

1  Thank Phil C
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I ordered a burger here, because Primi Piatti burgers I've had elsewhere have been ok. But here the patty tasted like one of those frozen ones you get at a supermarket. Did not taste beefy and was dry. The chips were nice, and the bun was good, and it was served with lettuce and tomato and a nice tasting sauce, but the patty let the burger down. Disappointing.