Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Leriba Hotel(Centurion)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewswithin walking distancethe air conditioningrecommend this hotelnice mallroom keygautrain stationreception deskfresh fruitrestaurant staffbreakfast was excellentexcellent hotelthank you so muchenjoyed my staybusinessgymamoshatfield
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed at the Centurion Lake Hotel for 3 nights and had to change rooms after the first night due to the next door room's aircon causing such a vibration on my room's wall. Needless to say, I got no sleep on the first night.The staff agreed to change the room but when I got back to the hotel on the second night, no one knew anything about it, they eventually managed to get me into another room. The restaurant closed off half of its tables to allow for a conference breakfast on the second morning and there were not enough tables to cater for the already fully booked hotel. There is not sufficient underground parking for the guests and excess vehicles have to park outside. The bathrooms are antiquated and are in dire need of an upgrade.The breakfast is pretty good and the restaurant staff are otherwise very friendly.
I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Lawrence M
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have spent almost 2 weeks at this hotel during a business trip.
The location is great if you do not have a car since you can walk to the nearby mall and the hotel has a shuttle to take you to the Gauteng train which connects to Rosebank and Sandton as well as the airport.
The rooms are comfortable and clean but the property is already in need for a renovation.
The restaurant has a buffet from Sunday till Friday in the evening, which is not bad.
The main issues I had are related to the service.
If you order room service for 6:00 AM you may get it at 6:15 AM for no good reason.
If you order a wake-up call, you may not even get it.
If you order a dish a la carte and they tell you it will take 20 minutes, don't even think about ordering an appetizer while you wait because it may take 30 minutes for the appetizer to arrive.
Other than that the place is OK and the staff is friendly.
If you get a room facing what used to be the lake, you will see beautiful sunsets, but you will also have to cope with the noise from the ducks.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the elevator
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bob_Creek
AndrewvH, General Manager at Centurion Lake Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Bob_Creek,

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us.Please accept my apologies, I just wish that you could have brought your concerns to my attention so that I could have resolved this before you departed.

Our staff is currently participating in a customer care program and one of the items we do include is actual guest role play and guest feedback, good and bad so that the staff understand and experience what a guest feels experiences. So far we have been very successful in improving our service and commitment to our guests.

I do trust that the team made you feel at home, we look forward to wleoming you back sometime soon

All the best

Centurioon Lake Hotel

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Centurion Lake Hotel; sounds idyllic. Centrally located on a lovely lake. The lake is a dried up, smelly, swamp. The outside restaurant area smells like stagnant water. The whole décor is dated and tired and the staff are in the same boat. We used the hotel for an event and the AV was terrible, the main room was poorly lit and the general feel was lacking in love and care. The whole hotel both for events and tourists needs a face lift.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Hannah P
AndrewvH, General Manager at Centurion Lake Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to view your feelings on the hotels product and service. I understand your views on the lake, however it is unfortunately out of our control as we have on serveral occasions tried along with may business communities to get the local muncipal council to get the lake to its original stay. However the hotel is very committed to get the lake back to its original state and have aproached a company Urban Genisis to assist in this.

We are currently in the process of upgrading the conference room you are referring to as this is the last venue we need to upgrade. I am not sure what room you stayed in as generally our rooms get a " rooms care programe " every year.

I appriciate your views on the staff, but I do believe what you experienced was not the norm but an exception. I would be more than happy to meet with you and invite you back to the hotel to get a new perspective on the service we offer.

All the best

Reviewed June 17, 2013

My time in the hotel was made very pleasant by all the personnel. The waitresses in Bruno's, the food and beverage Manager, Abel, the shuttle driver, the front desk personnel and the assistant manager, Melissa left me with a very positive impression of the hotel. I stayed in one of the older rooms, yet most of my friends stayed in the refurbished rooms. The new rooms are very stylish and warm, the older rooms need some TLC. The internet service is really good, except in some of the rooms on the 3rd floor. The hotel provides passes for guests to visit Virgin Active (gym) which is off-site location, nonetheless the hotel provides transportation back and forward. The hotel is near the Centurion shopping center, just keep in mind that most stores close at 7pm during the weekdays. The hotel provides rides to the near train station, which is a short walk from the main entrance of the hotel.

Room Tip: Try to secure a refurbished room looking at the "lake".
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank martinae94

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us, I have passed on your comments to Abel, Melissa and the team and can assure you the guys really appriciate it. We are currently looking at ways we can improve on the hotels product and service by reviewing the option of having our own gym which will make life a lot easier for our guests.

We have recently increased the bandwidth of our internet and also made the logging procedure a lot easier for guests making use of this facility.

Again thank you for the time taken to to give us your views and concerns on the hotel

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I spent a night there because we had been invited to attend a business function and did not want to have to drive home after the function. Checking in and out was a breeze but I felt that the price charged for the room was excessive for the quality of the establishment and the breakfast the following morning.

The rooms were clean but the shower had no pressure, The lake next to the hotel smells and does not add anything to the ambiance of the place. Breakfast was at best average and the coffee was not particularly good

Overall I think that the experience was average at best.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank JohannesburgBretski
AndrewvH, General Manager at Centurion Lake Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Please accept my apologies for the less than average stay you experienced with us, we have resolved the water pressure problem you experienced, our presure pump had balance pumps have been replaced so all going well we should not experience similiar problems.

I have spoken to about the breakfast quality and presentation as generally we get very positive feedback on the variety of dishes available on the buffet. We are in discusion with the local council and Mayor who is responsible for the maintenance of the lake to try and return the lake back to its original condition. The hotel is playing a positive role in a private capacity in that we are speaking to Eco companies that will be assit and recomend posible solutions on how to treat the lake.

I wish that we could have met prior to you check out so that we could restore confiedence in you and the product and service we offer.

All the very best