“Just OK”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Centurion
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The lake is in dire need of significant civil work - more a swamp and smells bad quite often. The rooms are very dated but clean and come with a comfortable bed. The restaurant serves good food but service is very slow and prices are elevated but still cheap if you compare internationally. For same price I would walk over to O'Galitos in the mall

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank gunlbum
AndrewvH, General Manager at Centurion Lake Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear Gunlbum,

Thank you for for feedback on your recent stay with us, the hotel management along with the local business communities are doing everything possible to get the lake back to its former glory, we are in continious discussions with council on ways we can improve the condition.

Please accept our aplogies about the service in the restaurant, our F & B Team wil be looking at ways to improve the levels of service and make sure that guests leave our establishment with a real wow feel.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for 2 days , part bussiness and part pleasure. The hotel is very centrally located , close to the Gautrain Centurion station and easy access to the N1 freeway. The huge centurion shopping centre is within walking distance if you feel like it. Good value for money. Just make sure you reserve under roof parking as the basment parking are limited.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
AndrewvH, General Manager at Centurion Lake Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear RiaanSouthAfrica,

Thank you for your comments and feedback with regards to your recent stay with us. Glad to hear that you were happy with the hotel, services and location.

I trust my team made you feel welcome and at home and was well looked after.

All the best and hope to welcome you back in the not to distant future

Regards

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Well located hotel for central Centurion and Supersport Park. Small but impressive looking reception, with friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are very dated, and in dire need for a serious upgrade. Food on offer very average, but very pricey.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Arno W
AndrewvH, General Manager at Centurion Lake Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Dear Arno W,

Thank you for you comments and feedback on the hotel, great to here that the service and staff were friendly and made you feel welcome. We are currently in the process of upgrading our 2 suites and updating our rooms with new linen, change to the headboard and a complete face lift to our conferernce rooms with interactive technology.

Our chef is looking at were improvements can been made on the content and display of our buffet so we should really see a big improvement.

Reards

Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed in the hotel several times over the past two months and will be staying in the future; I have business with a client located 5 min walk away.
In the past few weeks I've noticed improvements - lots of painting going on and the Lake miraculously filled up.
The rooms are adequate, but old. Each of the bathrooms in the 3 rooms I've stayed in had small problems like the basin plug not fitting correctly!
After some very plain food (tough, unappetizing stew on my first night) I've taken to using room service for dinner - slow but friendly and when it does arrive the food is hot. Breakfast is excellent however with a fruit buffet and the usual cooked items.
The Godfather restaurant in mall opposite serves excellent steak.
If you arrive on the Gautrain at night, the hotel will send a car for you - they told me not to walk at night.
In summary, the fabric of the hotel is old, but they are working to out it right and the convenience of the location overwhelms any minor niggles I might have.
Ask for a room overlooking the lake - much quieter than the ones facing the road.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank robdotinfo
AndrewvH, General Manager at Centurion Lake Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear Robdotinfo,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the hotel,please accept my apologies for the little niggles that went wrong during your stay, our Food & Beverage department is busy implimenting new menus for both the buffet and a la carte so the next time you're with us you should have a whole new dining experience.

As mentioned we are busy with a couple of projects on improving the look and feel of the hotel. I believe it is important that we continue to manage the building and make sure that it meets with our guets expectations and requirements.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Not a bad place to stay, and have stayed several times on business, and will probably go back. Location is very convenient and handy for the Gautrain, and is well-known locally. Rooms are OK but a bit tired, and the hotel in general is looking a little dated - but not terrible. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the restaurant is reasonable, although choice can be a little limited. the 'Lake' is undergoing a lot of work and there is a bit of a whiff from it, which the hotel tries to counter with sprays outside - its getting better as the work progresses, but not sure the lake will ever be that attractive. All in all an OK stay for 2 or 3 days on a business trip.

Room Tip: Higher floors better as away from the bars and function rooms which sometimes can be a little noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
AndrewvH, General Manager at Centurion Lake Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at the Centurion Lake Hotel, just to give you a bit of an update, we have recently introduced our new a la carte menus and have made some significant changes to our buffet menu to incorporate our diverse clents needs.

The lake is on the last stages of been fixe, however as you mentioned it will most not likely be the same as before, however we are confident that it will be a big improvement to what it was.

The management of the hotel constantly strives to improve not only the service of the hotel but also the product, we are currently in the process of upgrading all our conference rooms and have completed the re-painting of all our bedroom passages, exterior and the hotel roof.

Thank you for your comments on our staffing as I believe that they are our biggest assest to th company and with out them we would not be who we are today.

I hope that we will be in a position to welcome you back in the not to distant future.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

It was my sister's birthday and we as a family decided to go for dinner at this hotel. She called and made the reservation 3 days prior to our arrival for 18:30. On the day of her birthday when we arrived at the hotel's restaurant we were told that there was no reservation made. Instead we were asked if we had a grouon, and when we answered and said no it was not a groupon booking just a regaular booking it seemed they did not know what to do. The 1st gentleman that assisted us was a very tall guy with longish hair and she said he would be right back to assist us..LIES..he went to the back and called someone else to help us. At this point my sister had said that the manager must come out and assist. They said that they would try and accommodate us. After 15 min of waiting they finally manged to get us seated. We were a party of 11. Only 2 people opted for buffet option which is overpriced at R185 per person and not much selection. Those that opted to choose from the menu had to wait ONE HOUR FOR THE FOOD!!! One person ordered a plain tuna and boiled egg salad and this also took an hour, the same thing with plain bolognaise...to top everything off...when my boyfriend asked how far his order was, the waitress returned and said sorry she forgot to place his order (after waiting for one hour already) so she would have to reorder his food and wait an additional hour!!! My other sister ended up sharing her tuna salad with him..on the plus side they say happy birthday for her and brought her a slice of chocolate cake...The service was horrific, the menu very limited and overall over priced! We will never eat there again and myself being a travel agent I will never recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Celeste C
AndrewvH, General Manager at Centurion Lake Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

Dear CelesteC,

Thank you for your comments, unfortunately not the very best review on our Restaurant. I have instructed my Food & Beverage Department to re-look at how we manage our restaurant and ensure that we do everything possible to improve on our service and standard.

Please accept my apologies

Yours Sincerely

Centuriojn Lake Hotel

Reviewed July 3, 2012

I visited South Africa for work and stayed at this hotel for 7 weeks (about 49 days).Initially I was surprised that the room didnt have any (mini) refrigerator. Since I was going to stay for a long duration I requested for it along with a micro wave and was provided one. The rooms was spacious with clean amenities. The house keeping quality was a bit inconsistent (carpet was never cleaned during my stay), sometimes towels were missing. But overall the staff (except for a few housekeeping ones) was quite helpful and polite. The breakfast was decent and they had a partnership with a great gym closeby. It is next door to the Centurion mall so shopping for grocery was quite convenient.

I wouldnt mind staying there again if I had to.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the hotel and its service, please accept my apologies for your room not being up to scratch, I have taken this up with our housekeeping department so that we do not have such inconsistances again.

I am glad to know that the staff were polite and made you feel at home and were able to provide you with a microwave and fridge.