Protea Hotel Pretoria Centurion
Leriba Hotel(Centurion)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewsshopping mallgautrain stationdecent hotelthe general managerbusiness hotelnight staya great stayduty managerserviced dailybreakfast buffet isroom serviceconvenient locationa la cartecomfortable roomspretoriamunicipalityduvet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 14, 2012

The hotel is at best a 3 star hotel. Functional at best. The staff was very good but the room and food was at very best average. I would never go there on a vacation for sure. I stayed in a 1 br suite and it was bare, walls empty, the smell of smoke everywhere. While my room seemed to be smoke free I had ash trays in the room after asking for a smoke free room. The food was ok but a very limited menu. Maybe ok as a business hotel, never a vacation stop.

Room Tip: I would go somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Even though the "lake" the hotel is supposedly on has been drained for years they still call the hotel "Waterfront". But, more importantly, I would totally use this hotel again. Magnificent breakfast buffet, clean rooms, comfortable beds, great customer service. What's not to love? Light bulb burned out in bathroom "BAM" they fixed it. Fresh in-house purified bottled water brought to the room every day. Helpful front desk. Tour company in-house. Car rental company in-house. Mall with many great restaurants right next door, and quite secure. I was upgraded to a suite and it was really pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank keith e
PHWaterfront, General Manager at Protea Hotel Pretoria Centurion, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Dear Keith E,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your comments with regards to the lake. Kindly be advised that there is an upcoming project on the Lake which involves the construction of the Tallest Building in Africa- The Centurion Towers (Refer to the Pretoria News for more details). As a result of these upcoming developments, the lake has been drained and at this stage the Centurion Symbio-City project is expected to be completed in 2018.

Having said this, i am delighted to learn that you found the hotel satisfactory and that you will be using us again. I am also glad that the hotel was convenient for you, the STAFF professional and the service up to standard.We certainly look forward to hosting you again soon and trust that you will be booking our fantastic suite apartments. Perhaps you could consider using the Gautrain on your next visit as we offer complimentary shuttle to and from the Centurion station.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

nice hotel, has undergone a renovation from a couple of yrs ago. the suite is abit of a walk though, but very large and spacious. good value for money hotel. shopping mall is across the road. the lake is not such a nice view anymore, but a lot of birdlife.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
PHWaterfront, General Manager at Protea Hotel Pretoria Centurion, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Dear Zza007,

Thank you very much for your feedback with regards to your most recent stay at the Protea Hotel Waterfront in Centurion. The hotel has indeed undergone a soft refurbishment and the suite apartments are such an exciting addition to the property. I am pleased to learn that you found them comfortable and a real value for money. I am glad that you found the location of the hotel, in particular the proximity of the the shopping mall convenient.

Unfortunately the lake is not in its best state at the moment, however the birdlife has become quite popular with many of our GUESTS. The City Council, who are the custodian of the lake are looking at implementing some turn around projects going forward.

Once again thank you for the review, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

This bed with these pillows was heavenly. I have to have those pillows. Have to have them. I read the reviews before I got there and it seems others had a problem with the desk staff, I did not. It was comfortable and the internet worked as advertised. Great bar, decent food, and perfectly located if you don't have to go into Jo'burg.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Dear Rahzz,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and for the fantastic remarks. I am delighted to hear that you had a comfortable stay and that our STAFF was friendly and helpful. I am also pleased that you found our services up to standard and the hotel's location convenient for you.

We certainly look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Regards,

Reviewed April 5, 2012

We stayed there for 2 night with a lake-facing room, and it was beautiful to see the Centurion lake and it was so nice that it was so close.The staff were very helpful and friendly.The rooms are very nice, they have satellite television and have a flat screen television.The hotel is right next to the mall, so its walking distance from the hotel, so if you need to go buy something, you can just walk.The security at the hotel is excellent, so its a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank Hanro567
PHWaterfront, General Manager at Protea Hotel Pretoria Centurion, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Dear Hanro 567

Thank you very much for taking the time to rate our hotel and for such a wonderful review. It is always good to hear the feedback from our GUESTS, your comments are highly appreciated.

I am pleased to hear that your stay was comfortable and that you enjoyed the room overlooking the Centurion Lake as well as the convenience of being close to the shopping mall. Additionally, I am particularly thrilled to hear that you found our STAFF members helpful and friendly. I have conveyed these remarks to my TEAM so that they can keep up the good work.

Once again, thank you. We look forward to seeing you again soon!