“Lunches and Drinks”

Ranked #15 of 78 Restaurants in Ballito
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Situated Right on The Beach.Specialising in relaxed Seafood dining.The Galley offers spectacular views of the ocean. Boasting 2 outdoor decks where one can sit and watch the dolphins go by whilst sipping on cocktails and eating wild KZN rock oysters , or for more formal dining sit in our main dining room with ocean views from every table .For the young at heart try our Long Board Oyster & Cocktail bar with juke box & large screen TVs. We are child friendly with a kiddies menu and play area & also pet friendly on our outside decks with a Canine Cuisine menu for our four legged friends. We are not a fast food Restaurant but a laid back Island Style Beach Restaurant where one comes to Relax and Enjoy the views of the Ocean whilst savouring some of The Best Seafood on The Beach.
Malaga, Spain
“Lunches and Drinks”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We used this Beach Bar Restaurant several times, rather than the Hops, we visited it that regular that theStaff remembered exactly what each of the 4 people visiting were drinking, right up until the final day we were there, the Food was average but at least it was hot and of decent quality. The location could not be better, the seating area is a bit tired and could do with a refurb.

• Visited March 2013
6 Thank Douglas W

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Rustic with a Fabulous View”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I love visiting the Galley Bar and Restaurant - I sit out on the deck and enjoy the seaview while enjoying drinks or a meal. Nothing beats breakfast (between 10am and 11am) on the deck watching the waves breaking a short way from you. I will always go back to the Galley when I am in Ballito. The service has always been good and the food very tasty.

Visited February 2013
7 Thank VeraP267
“Nobody cares !!!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

The manager at this establishment is obviously either not paid enough or simply does not care about her job. Chewing gum with her arms folded watching Dstv. Poorly run establishment to say the least. From the moment I sat down all I wanted to do was leave and go somewhere else. After the waitress told me the seafood platter for one was R795. 00 and included fish nuggets. the closest priced dish was R140 seriously .Food was average. Defiantly will not be back! Really I cannot stress how badly this place is run!!!

Pretoria
“Rustic but good food”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I had lunch at the Galley.Starters was calamari-excellent.I had the seafood platter,it was very good and value for money(the hake was a bit dry).My wife had the oxtail and she compared it to her grandfathers oxtail,she was very impressed.We didn't have dessert as the meals was more than filling.I can recommend The Galley to anyone wanting agood meal in Ballito.

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank janslourens
London, United Kingdom
“Moderate restaurant”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Bit pricey for what it is, however the view is stunning so ask for a window seat. The management were friendly and spoke to all the customers. The place is clean but tired looking

• Visited November 2012