On the 20 December 2012 my husband and I booked in at your hotel.
On arrival my husband I are were treated very politely and professionally. The remainder of our stay was not so good. Hereunder is a list of issues I faced at the hotel:
1. I had requested an iron from the gentlemen who I had escorted us to our room. He advised that every room has been equipped with an iron but for some reason mine didn't have one. He made a call to housekeeping and had requested an iron be sent to my room. I advised him I need the iron urgently as I had dinner reservations out the hotel. I had waited 20 minutes and had still not received the iron. I thereafter had to make 2 calls to housekeeping. The iron had arrived more the half an hour later.
2. Later that night my husband called the concierge's desk and had requested a spa brochure. A brochure detailing the activities of your hotel was sent to us half an hour later.
3. The next day the key lock to our room was not working. I had to make to calls to reception for a maintenance person to be sent to fix the problem.I had waited 25 minutes.
4. My room had not be cleaned when I returned to it at about 1pm. I made a call to reception and was advised, to my amazement, that you have to tell housekeeping you want your room cleaned.
5. On the day we checked our the clerk at the desk debited my husband's card twice for payment despite us having advised him that he had already reserved the amount.
I find the service I have received at your hotel extremely appauling to say the least, for a five star establishment. The service I received is the total opposite to your introduction about your hotels on your website. There was absolutely nothing excellent about your service especially from your admin staff. Your website speaks about the Fairmont being global leaders in hospitality, this is far from the service I had received.
The only people that displayed any customer skills were the waiters, cleaning staff and the valet service. They were the most friendliest and efficient. Your admin staff at the front desk had no customer skills at all.
I have emailed the manager at the Fairmont and have not received a response.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Fairmont Hotels, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Zimbali Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Zimbali Hotel Ballito
- Zimbali Hotel
- Zimbali Lodge