“gives a holiday atmosphere”
Review of Mo-zam-bik

Mo-zam-bik
Ranked #2 of 78 Restaurants in Ballito
Cuisines: African
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Albury Surrey, UK
“gives a holiday atmosphere”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We went there last night with friends and had lovely prawns, chicken and one had rump steak all very good. The only complaint I had was that the prawns were a bit cold so think they added the Peri-Peri sauce after prawns were cooked and the sauce weren't heated but it was very tasty. We all enjoyed our food and we enjoyed sitting under the stars. The se4vice was good and our waiter very good as well and did offer to take my prawns to be re-heated but I didn't want to eat on my own as it very often happens at restaurants when you send your plate back for something. Will also visit them again.

• Visited January 2014
Brett M, Owner at Mo-zam-bik, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Hi Mirinda K,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed the service and the food. I'm sorry your prawns were cold and I have ask my waiters to please inform us if we have a problem like yours as you should not have paid for that meal and I should have definitely bought you a bottle of wine. Next time you are in Ballito. Please ask for me(Brett), Barney or Brad so we can make it up to you. Have a great 2014

“Tony Mammag's”
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Brett I want to tell you that every person that has eaten at our place and have had the pleasure of eating at your restaurant have only good, no great things to say about Mo-zam-bik. Well done to you and your team

Brett M, Owner at Mo-zam-bik, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Hi Tony,

Thanks for the review I really appreciate it. Coming from someone who owns one of Ballitos finest restaurants it means the world to me. Have a great 2014 and I won't wish you luck as you don't need it your recipe is number one.

“Never disappoints!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

A few of the criteria that goes in rating a restaurant are:
Quality of the food, level of service, and consistency in maintaining those.

We live in Ballito, and I must say it never disappoints on any of the criteria.

We have been many times, we enjoyed, and we will back as often as we can!

For the Geocachers among the reader the is cache on the boat (oh yah there is a boat on the roof) not easy to find :)

• Visited December 2013
Brett M, Owner at Mo-zam-bik, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Hi Divemasterza,

Thank you for your review. The hardest part of a restaurant is make sure your consistency is kept up. I have tried to limit mistakes as much as possible by implementing proper structured recipes. What is very difficult is the fact that we do not have a big bowl of sauce that gets ladled over everything and each meal from chicken livers to steaks is all individually made on our high pressure boiling table by three sauce men.

When you are here next please give me a shout 0824274903 or pop past the kitchen. Most of the time I'm in the Ballito store especially over the weekends.

Have a great 2014.

Gauteng
“The best service we've yet had at a restaurant in this area.”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

What a pleasure. Attentive, efficient service, great prawns, this is one we'll definitely visit again. Thank you for the great service!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank DebbieLog
Brett M, Owner at Mo-zam-bik, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Hi DebbieLog,

Thank you for your 5 star review. We hope you see us soon and all the best for 2014. Next time you in Mozambik please introduce yourself. I'm almost always in the kitchen in season.

Pretoria, South Africa
“Excellent”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

We go to Mozambik every time we're in Ballito. .always good. The Clams & Crab Curry divine. Excellent food and service. Can definitely recommend.

1 Thank Mairi68
Brett M, Owner at Mo-zam-bik, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Hi Mairi68,

Thank you for your review and all the support when you are in Ballito. The clams are also my favourite :). Have a very happy new year and best for 2014.