“Best in Ballito”

Cuisines: African
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Being a local in Ballito there are a number of restaurants, and every time we visit "one of those other restaurants" we always say we should have just gone to Mozambik. Brett and his team are seriously world class!
Go for the Trinchado for starters and the Peri-Peri chicken for mains. You won't be sorry !
The only negative here is that I can't eat there every day :)

1  Thank Marc F
Brett M, Owner at Mozambik Ballito, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Hi Marc F,

Thank you for the great review. You said the unfortunate thing is you can't eat here everyday. Please contact me on my email admin@mozambikrestaurant.com or pop past the kitchen or phone me(0824274903) in the next couple of days. I want to cook for your family everyday for one week to say thank you for all the support(I'm very serious). Have an awesome week!

Brett

Write a reviewReviews (1,029)

Reviewed October 3, 2013

The food is overpriced and it is absolutely Fifthy, dust everywhere, I supposed some people like the jungle look, the food was awful, the presentation look like a dish in the army! Would never ever go back!

Date of visit: March 2013
1  Thank KDVienna

Hi KDvienna

I take complaints and compliments very seriously. I sent you a personal message to see what the problems were in my restaurant but I have not had a reply as of yet. You see my restaurant is set up like a “Baracca”. If you ever have a chance to go to one in Maputo (Mozambique) you will understand the food and the atmosphere. It’s peasant food basically people live off the sea and land. Baracca’s are little make shift restaurants where people kick their shoes off and enjoy life. Pretentious people won’t understand what my store about. It’s about being African and not taking life too seriously. As we are in October its hard to say if the store was dirty or not in March. All I know is I have 2 people continuously cleaning and maybe the Baracca was what you saw which is what we are trying to portray. You said my food was like army food. 96 of the 104 people that reviewed my restaurant would probably disagree with you.

What upsets me is after chatting to my managers no one including myself could pin point the time when you had such a terrible experience in my restaurant (March 2013). If you ever in Ballito please give me a call (0824274903) as I would love to take you on the whole Mozambik experience free of charge and on me

It’s on my menu and I say it all the time with tears in my eyes”If you enjoyed it tell everyone if you didn’t PLEASE tell us”. That is the only way we can make it up to you. I hope you enjoyed your trip to South Africa and safe travelling.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

What a surprise, tastes that we had never had, seafood excellent and a tropical atmosphere. Good value for money

Date of visit: June 2013

Hi TauTona,

Thank you for your review I'm glad you enjoyed it. The essence of Mozambique cooking is very different. I'm glad you enjoyed a taste you have never had before. Mozambique cuisine is more than piri piri chicken and prawns Nacional. Thank you again for your feed back.

Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Yesterday the 1st of October 2013 my wife and I decided to make a reservation for this restaurant. The gentlemen that answered the phone was very professional and helpfull. When we arrived we thought we had booked for the wrong place as the restaurant looked dark and dingy from the outside however we went in and were pleasantly surprised. When we sat down we were greeted by a delightfull waitor by the name of thomas. He took out drinks order and then came back and took our dinner order. He recommended two dishes. I had the filled and my wife had trinchado. The food arrived quickly and the taste was out of this world. It is probably the best steak I have ever eaten. The manager was also fantastic making sure that we were alright. Being in the industry I was blown away. You will definetly be seeing us again. We are new to Ballito and have found a great eating out place. Keep up the good work.

Hi leestander,

Thank you for a great review on our restaurant and a BIG welcome to Ballito. Please give me a call so we can give you a proper welcome(0824274903). You don't know how much it means to me when people from our industry give us a 5 star rating. We all try so hard in this industry to please people and when it comes from one of our own its even more worth it.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Absolutely loved this restaurant. Great atmosphere, always busy, excellent staff and the food is absolutely amazing. So much so that we ate here 2 of the 4 nights we were in Ballitto! The peri-peri prawns were the best I've ever tasted. I even bought two bottles of their Peri-Peri sauce to take home to the UK!

Date of visit: September 2013
Brett M, Owner at Mozambik Ballito, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Hi TASSmyth,

Thank you for your review on our restaurant. We have been contemplating opening in the UK for years now. Hopefully one day we get there. If we do I'll send you a message and invite you to the opening. I'm glad you enjoyed your experience at Mozambik. I hope you had a wonderful holiday in South Africa and hope to maybe see you in the future.