“Great atmosphere, good food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mo-zam-bik

Mo-zam-bik
Ranked #2 of 71 Restaurants in Ballito
Cuisines: African, Seafood, Portuguese
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kabale
“Great atmosphere, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Vistied this restaurant with business contacts and my wife Hildah. Just a REALLY relaxed, positive, friendly vibe. And a LOT of chicken.........which made Hildah very happy. A good night. definitely recommended.

• Visited July 2013
Brett M, Owner at Mo-zam-bik, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Hi JPBkabale,

Thank you for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed the chicken and that's what we famous for. I have to chuckle sometimes as when I think back to my days of cooking competitions I was always placed in the top 3 whatever competition it was. Except the chicken competition where I came stone last hahaha. See you soon.

Tzaneen, South Africa
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We absolutely loved the food! It was seafood but something different. It is not a romantic restaurant and very informal but if you are looking for excellent food and well-priced this is the perfect choice.

Visited February 2013
Brett M, Owner at Mo-zam-bik, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Hi Karen P,

Thank you very much for the review. I'm really glad you enjoyed the seafood. When people say someone is passionate about cooking. I say passionate is one thing but love is another. I love cooking seafood and I always tend to do my specialities around seafood. Please when you down again in Ballito give me a call I'm normally in the kitchen if its busy.

“Memories of Mazambique.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Stunning.... brought back memories of mozambique.. Cold 2M, good food, nice vibe.. sigh... only difference is you dont have to wait 1hr for your food like in Tofo.. coming back for sure.

• Visited July 2013
Brett M, Owner at Mo-zam-bik, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Hi Actravellerbug,

Thank you very much for the review. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. That's one thing in life every restaurant in the world I think is faster than the restaurants in Tofo :). Please give me a shout when you in the restaurant next. Have a great week Brett .
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Clams”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have been to Mo-zam-bik a few times and always have bowl of Clams the best I've tasted !!!!
try them !!

• Visited June 2013
Brett M, Owner at Mo-zam-bik, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Hi Dave P,

Thank you for 5 stars. My favourite is the clams to. Its a little different to the original recipe as we add onions which is my favourite part. I love food eating and cooking it. Seafood being my favourite to cook. Please next time you are in Ballito give me a shout (0824274903) so I can make you up a couple of other dishes that we don't have on our menu.

Have a great Day!!
Durban
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hot, spicy and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

The restaurant itself is an eye-opener as it appears so ordinary at the entrance, but when you enter and go upstairs, there's a wonderful atmosphere. It has it's own quirky decor and the food was so delicious and true to Mozambican tastes. Steak was amazing, as well as chicken. Not too spicy but lots of flavour.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Brett M, Owner at Mo-zam-bik, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Hi Veron M,

Thank you for the five star rating I really appreciate it. Mozambik Ballito prides itself on being very different to other restaurants. I'll never forget when I first started building the outside section by the boat I had half a wall up and 4 bench tables. We were very busy and I offered the benches to one of my customers. He said to me "There is no way I'm eating in the parking lot". its funny now how that has become the most popular part of the restaurant. Thank you again.