“Very Surprised!!”

Cuisines: African
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We regularly eat at Beira Alta for that portuguese experience, but were told to try Mozambik.

The restaurant never crossed my mind as it was at the bottom of Ballito and I rarely go there, so we decided to buy take-aways instead to try the food out first.

My entire family was with us for the evening and we were all very surprised at the quality and taste that was in the food. The prawns had a very nice peri peri sauce on them and normally restaurants skimp on the portion sizes for take-aways but not here, we were completely full.

Well Done Mozambik!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

What a good restaurant! The best food we have got during our trip in SA. The fish of the day was very good. My girlfriend had chicken and this was the best we have ever had!

1  Thank Da Z
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Have been to this restaurant a number of times and there is definite consistency. The sauces are unusually delicious, the chicken livers heavenly! Try the Pemba pavlova, but be warned: it is very big!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

As for my title, the restaurant is very big and always crowded, so it is very important to book. The place is nice with lot of choice from the menu. maybe the best was the mozambikian beer. The food is not bad but nothig special and maybe too spicy and too much creams expecially on the line fish.

Brett M, Owner at Mo-zam-bik Ballito, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Hi, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the food next time you in South Africa please look us up I'll make it up to you in the quality of food. I'm also Italian would love to have a chat with you,

Regards Brett

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We arrived in Balito on a rainy Friday afternoon and took a drive along the coast looking for a spot to park and watch the raging sea from the comfort of our hired car. Having searched for hotels and restaurants online I had a fair idea what to lookout for and I just happened to spot Mozambik Restaurant as we drove around the area.

We had our dinner at Mozambik, I order queen prawns in a herb and garlic sauce and my wife ordered hake in the same sauces...we were thoroughly spoilt, we absolutely loved our meals. The chef even gave me an extra prawn and said we should come back.

We were in Balito for the weekend and that extra prawn lured us back and this time we brought friends along who ordered prawn in a curry from heaven!

Needless to say...I'll be back!