“Great view”

Al Pescatore
Ranked #3 of 78 Restaurants in Ballito
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Unique, creative flavour combinations in a beautiful restaurant with divine cocktails, excellent service and the most amazing view of the ocean in Ballito
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great view”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

- We had a wonderful lazy lunch together with our children, grandchildren and the other set of in laws - the food was excellent, ambience and view great as was the service.
Highly recommended

Visited August 2013

North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Great Specials”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We were taken out to lunch by our SA nephew. I have to admit to being sceptical but was more than happy with his choice. We sat on the terrace enjoying the sea view and the glorious winter sunshine.

The waitress was very courteous and efficient. She described each of the day's specials in detail rather than simply naming them. We generally went for the specials, even knowing that these may take longer to arrive. They were worth the wait. however, given that this was a midweek lunch in winter I don't know how long things might take if they are busy?

One of our party ordered a crepe for a starter and it was a meal in itself so sharing is advised for those who'd do not have gargantuan appetites! Three of us shared a salad, a garlic focaccia and a crab starter - all yummy. Bread rolls were also delivered. this may seem a small thing but as visitor from overseas it is one thing we miss when eating in SA. Hubby and I shared a special fish platter with a lovely mix of mussels, fish/calamari kebabs, large grilled prawns and a baked fill pastry basket filled with mixed sea food in sauce. This was served with chips (fries in the local lingo but chips to us Brits), rice and a variety of fresh veg. This is our usual holiday treat when in KZN and we were not disappointed.

Moscow, Russia
“Great pizza!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We were on our way to Durban when we decided to stop into Ballito. It was so beautiful that we decided to stay the night. We are so happy we did. We went to Al Pescatore because it was next to our hotel and it was sooo good. We really enjoyed the pizza and there was lots to choose from. The owner was very friendly and told us his restaurant had been around for 24 years. The crust of the pizza was perfection. Thanks! We will be back!

Visited August 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Great Food With A View”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

During my time in South Africa, I did not really seek out Italian food, which is rare for me considering I really love Italian cuisine. However, during my time in Ballito we went to Al Pescatore and I'm happy we did.

As far as service and quality goes, Al Pescatore has it all. The owner is a very nice man and the staff is attentive and friendly. The food is excellent and the portions are more than generous. I arrived famished and still left with a takeaway container with the remainder of my calzone so you won't leave the restaurant hungry.

If you are in the mood for some Italian food while in Ballito, definitely stop by Al Pescatore. Go for the food but stay for the view!

“Utterly unacceptable”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

There is no worse feeling in this day and age than that of racism. I am not one to pull that card everytime something does not go my way. But if this is not racism then what is? On sunday the 11th august, 4 of us went to the restaurant. We had not made a reservation and fairly, we were told that there were no tables available. Not even a minute later, as we were just exiting the door, a group of 5 (white) patrons arrived also without reservation (we asked them) and were immediately offered a table. I cannot believe that such an establishment would do such a thing. Its such a horrid feeling and one that is not easily forgotten.