“Stunning individual rooms in a fantastic location. Highly recommendable”
Review of Xanadu Guest Villa

Xanadu Guest Villa
Ranked #7 of 57 Wilderness B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I spent my first ever night in South Africa in this amazing guest house and it did not disappoint. The greeting we received was warm and welcoming, Albert who designed the building with his wife without the use of architects was very pleased to show us around each of the individually designed and decorated rooms. The honeymoon suite (which we didn't stay in) was absolutely stunning with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the beach, complete with one of the biggest and best bath tubs I've ever seen.

If I had to reluctantly mention any negatives, I struggled to connect to the free WiFi and it was too cold to make use of the outdoor hot tubs (shame) - overall however i'd have to say our experience was fully deserving of its 5-Star status. Beautiful property & highly recommendable.

Room Tip: Boutique style rooms are priced accordingly. Our room didn't have sea views but we still really...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Xanadu Guest Villa

Reviewed October 4, 2012

My wife and i made a booking at Xanadu over a long weekend to spend her birthday on the beach. From the first day to the last it was always amazing at Xanadu.Albert and his Wife Tersia were very welcoming from the get go and the staff were excelent.Very piecfull, relaxing music and the views all i can say is WOW!!! For my wifes Birthday breakfast was sent up to our room by the friendly staff and it was amazing.We had an amazing time and met other guest who were all friendly and we all got along.We will definitly return because again no matter how many days you book it will never be enough.Special thanks to the hosts and staff for the amazing staff.

Mohammed & Suaad

Room Tip: Neptune Suite, rooftop, newly renovated amazing bathroom!!!
2  Thank mo786wp
XanaduGuestVilla, Owner at Xanadu Guest Villa, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Dear Friends,
Thank you , you lift our spirits! Hope to see you again on your birthday !
Guests with good taste and judgement for excellence , is always welcome.
Warm Regards ,
Albert & Tersia.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

If you never stayed there you might not believe it: going to bed and waking up with a gorgeous view of the ocean - in fact you don't only have that view when lying in bed but also when going to the bathroom. We stayed in the Oyster Suite - towards the waterfront the room was 100% windows and then nothing but the garden and the beach.
Breakfast was delicious - there was fresh fruit, fresh juice, toast, muesli, yoghurt, bacon, eggs, sausages and and and... I'm quite astonished that some people didn't enjoy it.
"This is my dream house", my 13 year old boy said and then he had a very profound talk with our host Albert who took him out to the garden with his two dogs. Our son still talks about our stay at Xanadu. And it's not only him treasuring the memory...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
XanaduGuestVilla, Owner at Xanadu Guest Villa, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Rain Spider,
Normally we are not spider people , but you are allways welcome at XANADU!
Warm Regards,
Albert & Tersia

Reviewed September 30, 2012

A beautiful, very large and comfortable suite right on the beach. Easy to reach, a few seconds off the N2. The villa is beautiful. The Hofmanns invested a lot of effort in making sure their guests enjoy their stay. The only problem was the inconsistant availability of the WiFi net.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed September 15, 2012

While we were travelling from Swaziland through the Garden Route we made a one night stay over at Xanadu, pre booked via the Internet. The moment we arrived we were warmly welcomed by the owner. Once we opened the door to our room, we fell in love with the view, the room, just everything! There is a private entry to the beach from the estate, and it's quite central for loads of stuff to do in the area. The Breakfast in the morning was amazing!!

After one night we were heading further up north, but told ourselves that we will spend more time here, as i am sure we haven't even seen half of it all.

Room Tip: Sea-view is what you want!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
XanaduGuestVilla, Owner at Xanadu Guest Villa, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Dear Damsko,
Thank you for being so kind. Hope you are home safe and enjoyed your South African holiday so much that you will return and spend some more days with us.
All the Best
Albert & Tersia

Reviewed September 12, 2012

What can we say! Albert met us upon arrival and made us feel welcome immediately. Offered to carry our luggage, offered us drinks and showed us around this magnificent establishment. The prime position right on the beach is breath taking to say the least, and the beautiful gardens add to the ambience. Our room was beautiful and squeaky clean also with a stunning sea view. The breakfast staff were on the ball and the 6 of us "perfect strangers" had some good laughs over a delicious breakfast. Well done Albert for making our stay memorable. By the way, we see you personally received a negative review from "Mixed Feelings"....... all we can say to this is; WHAT WERE THEY SMOKING!!!

Room Tip: Sea facing for sure!

Dear Folks,
Guests like You are the reason we try harder !
Please visit again , the longer you stay , the longer you will want to stay !!
Highly Regarded by
Albert & Tersia.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

While on a previous business trip down to the Garden Route I discovered Xanadu Guest Villa and was determined to try it out.....as everything looked good on the surface.

I got my chance 2 weeks ago when I had to go back for a week on business....

Well....beneath the surface it was even better than I could have imagined!

Albert and Tersia made fantastic hosts going out of their way to make me feel comfortable, even to the point with helping in some of the business needs I had. From the first night I was there I had come "home"!

The location is breath-taking (right on the beach) and even though I couldn't get a sea facing room (unfortunately all booked out during my stay) the room that I was in was fantastic with a huge balcony looking out on the mountains, a wonderful little lounge type section to relax in and a superb bathroom. Everything was absolutely 5 star and even though on business I enjoyed myself so much I felt like I had, had a vacation by the time I came home.

My only regret was that my wife wasn't there with me to share the wonderful experience I had....ah well......there's always next time.....

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor and book well in advance to secure a sea facing room.....they really are magnifi...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
XanaduGuestVilla, Owner at Xanadu Guest Villa, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Gavin, thank you , your review is highly treasured , the more so because of your business dealings taking you all over South Africa and you often stay in different accommodation establishments.
Total Guest Satisfaction is not negotiable , that is why we are proud to state our policy:

• At XANADU we practice what we preach and we believe in our quality of excellent 5 star service delivery ;If we cannot deliver the advertised accommodation/service/product or comply to a reasonable guest complaint within a reasonable time , you stay for free or get your money back – fair enough ??
We are looking out for your next reservation , and please bring your wife along!