“magical horse trail in forest”

Perdepoort Horse Tails
Ranked #13 of 33 things to do in Wilderness
More attraction details
Owner description: PERDEPOORT HORSE TRAILS. Situated in Wilderness heights, 6km from the village, Perdepoort Horse Trails offer rides on a beautiful 65ha private farm. The trail takes you through the indigenous forest were one passes a giant 400-year-old yellowwood tree watching over the forest. Our horses are the best! Children and novice riders are safe and the more experienced riders can have lots of fun trotting and cantering! Bookings are essential and rides go out at 10:00 and 15:00 every day, weather permitting.
Johannesburg, South Africa
“magical horse trail in forest”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I found perdepoort horse trails by accident while driving back from a bad experience elsewhere. I had a really peaceful, pretty ride in the indigenous forest. I only wish I had taken my camera.

Visited December 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The best horse riding experience”
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I had the most amazing horse ride when we visited Perdepoort. The horses are beautiful, well looked after and safe. It was my partners first time horse riding and even he loved it. The scenery was so beautiful and I would recommend everyone to give it try. We will definitely be back the next time we visit Wilderness.

Visited November 2013
George, Western Cape, South Africa
“Perdepoort Horse Trails”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

After 10 years I'm back in the saddle again...all thanks to the owner of Perdepoort Horse Trails with her beautiful and calm horses. Did a forest ride on 11 November 2013, hour/hour and a half, and loved it. If I must think of one word to describe the experience...AWESOME! Be sure not to miss out, visit Perdepoort Horse Trails.

Visited November 2013
“An incredible experience”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Tucked away in a beautiful forest, Perdepoort's trails are really a magical place. It's location combined with the gorgeous, gentle horses, makes a fabulous place. From tiny tots to adults, beginners with no experience to experienced riders, Perdepoort can accommodate everyone! For an unforgettable experience, make sure to stop at Perdepoort Horse Trails!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank LolaTheDog
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“exellent horse riding experience!!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

it was a great trip with perdepoort horse trails.
the forest and serounding is so nice, but what's even nicer is to see how well the horses are being treated by amanda, the owner...

big, beautiful and calm horses with a good and easy temper and very good riding equipment!

mostly reccomended