“Great atmosphere. Good food.”
Review of Cocomo Restaurant

Cocomo Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 30 Restaurants in Wilderness
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cocomo Restaurant is situated in the centre of a beautiful village called Wilderness - the heart of the Garden Route. Cocomo as a unique thematic embellishment drew inspiration directly from the spectacular beauty of our natural surroundings and setting it provides for the local residents, national and international travellers alike. This concept restaurant truly captures the tropical sentiment ideal for optimum relaxation, an intimate haven ideal to share and enjoy the pleasures of life. At Cocomo Restaurant visitors are able to experience an eclectic mix of tropical village lifestyle and flavourful cuisine, reflecting the dynamic aesthetic of Wilderness, its unspoiled beauty and the vibrant colourful atmosphere created by its people. Cocomo is inspired by our passion and appreciation for places that reflect a lively, relaxed and festive spirit all year around, providing a distinct atmosphere while offering tropical fusion foods, exceptional Illy coffee and of course some of the finest South African wine. Local artists also often enjoy performing at Cocomo due to the idyllic environment incomparable for musical entertainment and joyous get-togethers. Cocomo is very popular and alluring to the public in its warm, friendly, relaxed, cozy and visually pleasing nature. It further lends itself to a focused approach in cherished relations with customers, providing affordable products of high quality and fine presentation, paired with outstanding service in our strive towards realizing customer satisfaction every time.
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Great vibe. Good food, no fuss. Most succulent hake in beer batter of the trip. In a town with the worst service, yours is shining like a beacon. Thanks guys!

Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

We actually only stopped by for a drink after a sunset walk on the beach but ended up staying for dinner. I would suggest this place to the young crowd - it's all about live music and a surfer type atmosphere. The food wasn't inspiring but they make great cocktails and our waiter was super friendly and efficient.

Cocomo R, Owner at Cocomo Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Hi there, I am happy you enjoyed your cocktails and the good service. The fact that you didn’t enjoy your meal as much is very disappointing for me. We work extremely hard on making sure our service, meals and cocktails are of top quality and in your case we failed to do so. For that id do apologise and will focus even harder on delivering inspiring meals.
We welcome young and old from all over the world. Cocomo is a family restaurant and I do believe that we cater for every ones needs in their own special way.
Till the next time you stroll from the beach to our front door….

Reviewed December 23, 2012

We went there one night very late as we had arrived in Wilderness late. To be honest, our experience was not great, but it was late and raining and we were tired. The staff were busy closing up and were not so interested in us. The dish I ordered was huge and was big enough for 2 people (the butternut vegetarian dish), not a great wine list which didn't encourage us to even order any wine at all. I'd like to go back during the day and try it out again and experience the laid back atmosphere.

Dear Guest, thank you for your feedback in this regard. I have made a point in showing your review to staff in training sessions and staff meetings. The fact is that every single customer is extremely valuable for us no matter what the time of day or night. The Butternut and Haloumi salad is one of our favorites on the menu and has been said to be too big, I think in the mean time we have found the perfect portion size! Our wine list has changed to something spectacular with some of South Africa’s best wines to inspire your taste buds (and mine ;) Like the Mongenhof Cab Sav which is our estate wine we sell per glass… hmmm I love
Hope to see you soon

Reviewed December 19, 2012

The restaurant was well patronised with holiday makers enjoying the live music and cocktails. It was quite noisy but that was part of the vibe. The service was average with long waits for drinks orders and food (they had run out of ice) and the food was average.

Dear guest, thank you for your feedback. I do apologise for the long wait on food and drinks. Please keep in mind that December is our peak season and that our area gets flooded with holiday makers, so much that the Western Cape ran out of ice! Not only us… I know it’s hard to believe but it’s true. I was inspired when designing our menu with my chef and that is the way you should feel when presented to you. Service should be excellent and nothing less and that is what I expect form my staff.
Having said that, I invite you to come experience Cocomo Restaurant the way I believe it to be. Excellent 
Till next time… Keep well

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We recently visited this restaurant and 3 out of 4 of us had the hake & chips. All 3 of us agreed that this was the best hake & chips that we have ever eaten in a restaurant anywhere ! It was outstanding !!! The 4 th in our party had the Moroccan Chicken which was also excellent ! On top of this the presentation was also excellent and the price reasonable !