“Fantastic Ride with gorgeous Horses”
Review of Black Horse Trails

Black Horse Trails
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: At the base of the majestic Outeniqua mountains in the Wilderness, lies our little charming horse ranch, Black Horse Trails. Our rides venture into the forests and mountains from a 1.5 hour trail, 3 hour trails, sun downer trails, full moon trails, full day trails to a 2 day overnight trail. We have suitable steeds for any level of experience you may or may not have on a horses back, everyone is welcome! Although for our day trips and 2 day trip riders need to be experienced. Please visit our website to see all our options and prices (which are very reasonable).
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
“Fantastic Ride with gorgeous Horses”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We went on a ride recently and thoroughly enjoyed it. The horses are gorgeous and well behaved. The tack was in good condition and made me feel like a real trail rider :-) The staff are polite and very helpful. Had a lovely ride through the forest, wish we'd had time for the waterfall trip. I would recommend this ride to everyone keen on some fun and fresh air and awesome scenery, just driving to the farm was calming :-)

Visited September 2012

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Riding through the beautiful countryside”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Three very nervous novice riders thought it would be a good idea to go riding in Wilderness, it actually was! Paul, our guide, put us totally at ease and we were all paired up with horses and sent on our way! By the end we were all trotting along with our horses!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Ltd123
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 158 helpful votes
“Friendliest folks and nice ride!”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

If you're in the area and looking to do some horseback riding, definitely do it here! Lyndsay and Stefon were very welcoming. It was my first time on a horse--Paul was a great instructor and I greatly appreciated his guidance. Our ride took us to what looked like a man-made waterfall--nothing spectacular, but the ride there was through very pleasant woods. We had a beautiful day as well, so that didn't hurt! Very much recommend Black Horse Trails!

Visited July 2012
Vail, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“wonderful waterfall ride with amazing horses”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I were on a short stay in Wilderness. I love to ride often, while he has been on a ride once or twice. Lyndsay was incredible accommodating by email and recommended horses for us based on what I told her we wanted out of the ride. On the day, Paul was our guide and he was fantastic, ensuring my inexperienced boyfriend felt comfortable and I had a fun ride too. The horses were incredible, well looked after and the best I have ever seen in a trail riding establishment. Would absolutely recommend this! We did the 3hr waterfall ride and loved it, passed by so fast and we will definitely return.

Visited May 2012
George
“Beautiful ride...beautiful horses”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

What a ride we had into the beautiful indigenous forests of South Africa on some of the most stunning horses I have ever seen a Trail business have! Paul was an amazing guide and we enjoyed our 3 hour ride to the waterfall which actually felt like it passed us in a flash. Lyndsay, the owner, was most welcoming and knew exactly which horses we needed with our variying experience. We will definately be going back!!!

Visited April 2012