“Really inspiring”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Black Horse Trails

Black Horse Trails
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: At the base of the majestic Outeniqua mountains in the Wilderness, lies our little charming horse ranch, Black Horse Trails. Our rides venture into the forests and mountains from a 1.5 hour trail, 3 hour trails, sun downer trails, full moon trails, full day trails to a 2 day overnight trail. We have suitable steeds for any level of experience you may or may not have on a horses back, everyone is welcome! Although for our day trips and 2 day trip riders need to be experienced. Please visit our website to see all our options and prices (which are very reasonable).
Wilderness, South Africa
“Really inspiring”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

I loved the experience of riding Majestic Black friesian Horses they are beautiful and the ride to the waterfall was incredible. just the kind of thing you have to do in Wilderness if you get the chance

Visited March 2012

Johannesburg, South Africa
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Majestic forest views; great tour guide and an absolute must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

Lindsay was welcoming as a hostess and very helpful. Paul (our guide) was very informative and a great teacher. The most beautiful forests on the way to the rock pools. Very romantic for a couple and great fun as a family! A memorable day! Would do it again!

Visited March 2012
“Serene, powerful, magic!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

My sister and I took our children ( ranging from 6 to 13) on an outride. We varied from unaware of danger to nervous as hell and from beginner to "wanting to gallopr". Lyndsay , the owner, took everything in her stride with a calmness that must come from being around horses so much and a smile. She exudes confidence which I needed. She spurred a nervous child with calmness and persistence and took my sister aside for 10min so she could gallop. If you were more advanced I would suggest you try find more advanced riders to make up the numbers or else you may be stuck with someone like me and for safety the group has to keep pace with the slowest rider. It is beautiful up in the mountainous surroundings, far away from roads and buildings. Highly recommended!

“Awesome horse back riding experience. Made my trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012 via mobile

We had a great time with the guide. The guides were very knowledgable about the surrounding forest and routes we took. The horses are beautiful and well kept. Even the inexperienced horse riders in our group felt comfortable.  We will definitely go back there when doing the garden route. Just wish we had taken more pictures. Beautiful surroundings and a well hidden natural secret!

Thalwil, Zurich, Switzerland
“Great horse ride with my daughter and friend :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

We had a fantastic 1 and a half hour ride into the forest, it was only the second time my daughter and myself had been on a horse but we had a great trail guide/Horse Riding Instructor who taught us all the basics:) The Trail guide was very friendly and great with kids! The scenery was beautiful and the horses were well behaved!
I can really recommend Black Horse Trails:)

Visited February 2012