“Very average”

Salinas Beach Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 30 Restaurants in Wilderness
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated at the Touw's river mouth in the Wilderness, facing west with sea and lagoon views serving island style cuisine. Sunsets on the upper deck with a cocktail, add a whole new dimension to the end of a beautiful day and start of a great evening.
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I ordered a sea food platter and literally everything on the plate was deep fried and it was way too much for me. Staff didn't inform me properly. Will not rush back here.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

A very pleasant Sunday lunch. We did reserve an inside table by the window for three at 13h30. Sadly we were given a table in the centre as the restaurant was fully occupied when we arrived. The service was average. The main course took longer than expected but the quality was quite satisfactory. The views from the deck and windows are excellent. A good and value for money lunch stop.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

A wonderful view over the ocean. The food was good and service very friendly. Good value for money. We were there on a very hot day but with all the doors open it was lovely and cool.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Salinas is a favorite! Living in Wilderness we go there regularly. Great location and style with an interesting menu. We enjoy the curries, tapas and fish. No better spot in Wilderness for a sundowner. Stunning views of the beach, lagoon, forested hills and village. We happily refer our guests and friends.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We have visited this restaurant before on our way back to George airport and really enjoyed the food and the views.
This time we were told that the kitchen was too busy (even though there were vacant tables) and so they were closing it down until 3.30pm (It was 2.30pm when we arrived there) and so weren't going to be able to help us.
Can't believe that they can turn customers away like this. Thye could have rather told us that the kitchen was very busy and that if we were willing to wait, we could sit and have a drink in the meantime but no...just point balnk refusal to accept our custom (only myself and my husband) and a further 2 x ladies who arrived after us.

1  Thank Ann C
Massimo M, Owner at Salinas Beach Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Dear Guest
We sincerely regret not being able to accomodate yourselves and believe me, we detest having to turn guests away in winter. We were extremely busy and I had to make the hard decision to restrict further guests without reservations, to ensure that I was able to look after our seated and booked guests. If I may be so bold, can I ask as to why on your previous visits were we not rated after your great experience?
Yours Faithfully