“Outstanding view”

Salinas Beach Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 30 Restaurants in Wilderness
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated at the Touw's river mouth in the Wilderness, facing west with sea and lagoon views serving island style cuisine. Sunsets on the upper deck with a cocktail, add a whole new dimension to the end of a beautiful day and start of a great evening.
George, Western Cape, South Africa
“Outstanding view”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Food was nothing special that day but the experience.... to sit outside overlooking the Wilderness beach was priceless.

Visited April 2012

• Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
Sedgefield, South Africa
“Sad at Selinas”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Lovely setting, great view, mediocre food for premium prices. When I eat out I want something that I can't do myself, something special, Selinasfood is not!

Visited June 2012
2 Thank MoniqueSeaGypsy
Massimo M, Owner at Salinas Beach Restaurant, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Dear Sandra
It is regretable that your experience was not met. Salinas is a casual beach restaurant and not upmarket fine dining, as portrayed by our menu. Concerning the pricing policy we have endeavoured to accomodate visitors as well as the residents in the area and as an example our island beef burger which is a 200gm served on a ciabatta roll for R65 or our ribs which are 700gm for R98 are cheaper than a popular franchise steak house menu.
As you would be aware it is extremely difficult to have a successful fine dining establishment in our area with the limited and seasonal market.
Yours sincerely Massimo
Oudtshoorn, South Africa
“Not good enough”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Food substandard and service very slow. Food order took almost an hour to get to get to the table. My guest did not even eat her food - "life is too short to eat bad food"

Visited July 2012
4 Thank Niel E
Dear Mr Turnberry
It is regretable that you had such a negative experience especially in light of the fact that we are in our low season. I have continually reminded my staff that it is when we are quiet that errors will occur. You will have noted from previous reviews we were achieving our goals and as a restaurant that is not yet a year old we were hoping for better results and continue to strive to improve.
I would like to have the opportunity of changing your first experience and would request that you contact me should this opportunity present itself.
Yours Sincerely
Massimo 083 636 3949
George, South Africa
“Perfect steak”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I don't know if a perfect steak exists, but if it does, I believe I had one at Salinas - a medium Bazoruto sirloin with perfect wedges and a very nicely balanced chopped salad. Friendly service, nice ambience, exotic views - the kind of experience that makes you take a business card on your way out so you can make a booking again soon.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank HermanLab
Dear Herman
Many thanks for your positive feedback. As you would have noted we do not have an excessive menu and our motto is to serve fresh tasy food. Our beef sirloin is aged and we continually strive to ensure that we receieve the right product from our suppliers. Look forward to seeing yourself soon.
Many thanks
Massimo
Knysna
“Salinas Beach Restaurant”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

What a great Spot !! ....Gotta be up there for position .Lovely views of the Widernes beach & sea from inside (Two levels) and the Huge wrap around Deck area. Also a substantial area dedicated to Smokers( outside ) .Service was good, the meal pleasant ,but vegetables in stir fry form not for me ! Would prefer the whole steamed kind .
Fish I had was Fresh and well cooked . Great dessert (Chocolate fondant type) .And whilst the Restaurant was FULL ( Sunday Lunch) service was not compromised . It was good to see one of the owners ( Max) attending to tables and ensuring the service was there ! Well done .....So nice to see that !! ...Atmosphere relaxed ,great for friends ,family ,business, or just Drinks ..

• Visited August 2012