Instead of writing a little essay I will give you the top 10 reasons to choose Phoenix guest house as your next choice of accommodation when you are on the Garden Route.
1. Peter(The host) - What an unbelievable host, from the welcome to his funny stories and great advice.
2. The location/views - breathtaking panoramic views of Wildnerness.
3. The house itself - the decor is so contemporary and well thought out. We absolutely loved all the different art pieces. I loved the modern bathrooms and how spacious it was.
4. The swimming pool - Take a dip while overlooking the beautiful Wildnerness beach.
5. The breakfast(with a mind-blowing view) - Peter does not hold back with breakfast(portions), everything is freshly made and well-presented. The homemade granola was divine by the way and the fruit salad(with avocado) blew me away as well. We also loved the little chats after finishing our breakfast and enjoying a coffee with Peter.
6. The ambiance/mood - Peter made us feel like it was our house, we never felt uncomfortable and the roaming around the property it felt like it was our little abode for 3 days. And he played my favourite kind of music throughout our stay(Groove lounge).
7. The chats/recommendations - Peter was always willing to engage with us(not overwhelmingly so) and always had great recommendations for the village and activities around the Garden route area.
8. House design - The design and detail of the whole house blew us away. Right up our alley.
9. Waking up to the sound of the waves - Get the white room and sleep with all your doors open. You will wake up to the sound of the waves crashing and sunrises which will be imprinted in your memory for years to come.
10. Luxurious feel - The whole experience has a very luxurious(without being pretentious) feel to it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Phoenix Guest House is luxury bed and breakfast accommodation located in the heart of Wilderness, Western Cape, South Africa. The Guest House is located on a hill overlooking the amazing Indian Ocean with panoramic views of Wilderness and the surrounding areas. Being part of Wilderness and the famous Garden Route, Phoenix Guest House is perfectly located to be a great base for exploring the Garden Route and the Western Cape. Due to a moderate Mediterranean climate prevailing for most of the year, visitors to the Guest House can expect warm to hot summers and mild to chilly winters, making Wilderness an all year destination, perfect for beaching weather and quiet romantic winters. ... more less