“The best Gluehwein, Cozy fireplace”

Blue Olive Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 31 Restaurants in Wilderness
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2014

My wife and I had our first dinner here when we arrived in Wilderness. We popped in because they advertised gluehwein (my fav drink) and they have a fire place in winter.
Both of us ordered pork spare ribs which are served with potato wedges and vegetables.
The spare ribs were average, with not much vegetables, However, the gluehwein was delicious and just the thing for the cold weather. We also enjoyed the fire place

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We went to the Blue Olive in The Wilderness and we all enjoyed whatever we ate. A cosy fire welcomed us on a very chilly night. This restaurant caters for all tastes. The night we went, we all had fish. From a calamari and hake combo, prawns and a seafood potjie - everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meal.

2  Thank Marilyn25CapeTown
Reviewed July 26, 2014

My Brother and I went here for dinner and cocktails. The cocktails are over-priced and whatever you do, please DO NOT order the Mojito!! (If I wanted rum and water with lemon and a sprig of mint on top, I would have ordered it......!!). The food was very good, but they ran out of chorizo, wich was a huge dissapointment for me. We had a very long wait for our drinks and food, but the fact that friendly local was there to keep us company made up for it a little. The waiter was friendly and familiar with the menu.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I had a taste of almost everything on the menu!B At least, the tapas and the starters. The waitstaff were attentive and interesting, and the whole evening felt special. Thank you.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

This was my second visit to this restaurant in winter, simply to enjoy their yummy homemade soup. You can sit outside or inside, but will enjoy a warm reception and excellent food. The restaurant serves a homemade soup of the day, quite a nice portion with a garlic ciabatta roll. It is simply delicious. I hope they keep up this excellent dish and I will definitely be back in future.

1  Thank vsomerset