“Exciting menu, great food”

Serendipity Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Wilderness
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Loved the intimacy of the space, the service was great and the food was really interesting and tasty. Sorry we couldn't visit this time round as they were closed for annual hols. Next time!

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Must go in Wilderness! Very nice owners, fantastic food and great location.We are food lovers and did research each restaurant we wanted to eat in SA before our 2 weeks trip. Serendipity did not disappoint its good reputation. One of our best dinner experiences we ever had in our live. Do not forget to reserve in advance.

1  Thank chianross
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I went to Serendipity for dinner with friends, and it was as close to perfect as you can get. I have eaten out in many, many restaurants, but this was one of my top dining experiences ever. Our pre dinner drinks, food, wine, knowledgable service etc etc was faultless. Rudi and Lizelle are a fantastic team, and their personal service and knowledge is unsurpassed. We also tried a different bottle of wine with our 4 courses only because the wine list had some interesting wines we had never heard of before, and which we wanted to try!

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We had dinner at Serendipity last night, an all-round special experience. It is a set menu with choices and the only criticism was that the main course choices were somewhat limited between kudu, quail and vegetarian curry, and all three were rather too exotic for my taste. Otherwise service was outstanding to compliment the amazing food - highly recommended for a special experience.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I booked the dinner a couple months earlier for my husband's birthday after extensive researching of restaurants in the area - This one came up tops! And it didnt fail to impress. We visited on 24 May 2014.

The entire experience- Service, attention to detail, explanation of the meals by the chef Lizelle, ambience and most importantly the delicious food! The chef even went the extra mile and popped a candle on my husband's dessert and came over to deliver the dessert personally and wish him a happy Birthday. Really appreciated the gesture and speaks volumes about the need to please the guest.

Lizelle's passion for food and service was very evident in the food she presented and the excellent taste combinations and quality ingredients. Our waiter was impressive and must be commended for the good service (I think it was Joseph?)

We left feeling satiated, special and eager to come back!

A fine dining experience worth the splurge :-) I would definitely recommend this restaurant expereience. Keep up the high standards.