Wilderness Beach house
$62
$51
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
The Wilderness Hotel(Wilderness)(Great Value!)
$56
$54
  • Pool
Pine Lodge George(George)(Great Value!)
$55
$74
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsdouble roomdorm bedswilderness beachmins free wifiannie's placeoffer dinnerreally enjoyed our stay heregreat backpackersgarden routeself catering kitchenper dayhome away from homeplace to staysea viewvillage centrebeautiful placethe location is perfect
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is really more of a guest house with backpacker tarriffs and feel. Annie and Liezel were VERY helpful and did whatever they could to make my stay as comfortable as possible. The view from the dorm over the ocean is spectacular. 150m walk from the lovely beach. Good beer in the bar. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lian L
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had such a great stay at this backpackers. The building and outside areas have so much to offer, and there's a really chilled/family vibe. The sea-view from our dorm was insane!! The staff are really lovely and very helpful...they advised us on an amazing cave to visit (if you go there, ask them about it...), where to eat, what activities to do, and we also had a great evening round a fire just chatting with Lisa, which was awesome! The facilities are great, the beach is just a stones throw away, as are great restaurants...what more could you ask for really?

Room Tip: Definitely go for the upstairs dorm...it has a whole wall of windows looking out over the bay, so you can watch the sunrise and feel like you're on the beach, without the sand getting everywhere!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Katy H
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Annie was more than happy to help us out when possible. The beach house had the best views from the dorm that ive ever seen from a backpackers. Beautiful walks along the old railway track and the canoeing was magnificent through eden adventures. Restaurants and supermarket 10 mins away and place was really well kept and clean.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anna L
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I think this is the best place to stay in Wilderness. It s near the city and the supermarkets and the hike over the trainrails. The dorm room had a wonderful view. The bathrooms and the kitchen are a bit small. Especially when you are in the backpackers season I think it might be too small. The excursions are quite expensive; 350 rand for a 1 hour surfing lesson... The hike up to Strawberry hill is very nice though (but also too expensive (250 rand)). Every night there is a bonfire and there also is a nice bar. No free wifi unfortunately..
I had a great time here!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Amsterdam90
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is the thirth time now that I stay with Annie and her sons.. once with my girlfriend and two times with my father. I am just loving it there!
Annie will make sure you feel very welcome, it's really like coming home for me. Will make this an annual visit.
I run my own Guesthouse in Bouberg (endless summer beachhouse) so I know how things work in hospitality.. when my guest go an a garden route road trip, then I always tell them to stay at the beachhouse for sure!
The food is great, I love paragliding the 'map of africa' and land right in front of the door on the beach. When there is surf, you can go in front of the door or walk the fun hike over the traintrack to Vic Bay and surf the world famous pointbreak there. Ask Johnno, the in-house surfinstructor, to join you!
Anyway, can go on forever.. just experience it yourself, enjoy the good vibe, view and smiles of Annie and her team.
Thanks again for having us!

Room Tip: The one with the balcony :)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family