I have been going to Drak Gardens since 1982 and over the years have seen it develop into a truly magnificent resort. From a very ropey hotel with campsite attached it has become one of the best resorts in the Drakensberg. I have stayed at the camp sites, the hotel as well as the time share units and all are wonderful.
I am a keen golfer and the course has also progressed remakably from the days when it was a simple nine hole 'berg' course. It is now a very challenging 18 hole course with breathtaking views.
Although it is in the 'unfashionable' Southern Berg the resort is really worth a visit and would be so much more popular if it was more accessible to the Gauteng holiday makers.
The food is great, the drinks are reasonably priced and it is wonderful to see the same staff year after year. They really look after us well. A vert strong recommendation for the 'Bunny Chow' served at the golf club.
In addition to golf they have numerous other activities and the resort is definitley geared towards family holidays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Resort in the Drakensberg mountains with breathtaking views, set on 860Ha in a World Heritage Site, our aim is to ensure there is always something to do. Activities include an 18 hole NGU rated golf course, full Wellness Centre and Spa, Mountain biking trail and BMX tracks, horse riding, hiking, bowls, tennis, squash, Adventure golf, Discovery Park and flyfishing. Our Entertainment program runs all year round, day and night, for all age groups, from facepainting to bowls competitions, to quizzes and karaoke. The 5 restaurants open at various times, giving you options from light Bistro meals, to A la Carte variety and buffet/carvery Dinners. The bars range from sports type with big screens, to epic golfing views over the dam and mountains, and relaxed cocktail lounge experiences. We have 3 Conference venues, and beautiful gazebos or venues to plan that Wedding in the berg, a memorable location. Recently built is a zipline, Archery range and adventure park for all ages. A waterslide for the kids and a heated pool, "The Cove" provides extra swimming facilities all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gooderson Drakensberg Gardens Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drakensberg Gardens Golf & Leisure Hotel Underberg
- Drakensberg Gardens Golf And Leisure Resort
- Drakensberg Gardens Hotel Leisure