“Highest pub”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Highest pub”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

A must. In Canada the trip would not be in a jeep but a good hike so taking a jeep it was fun. The switchbacks ....really we are going to make it right....
The view on the way is beautiful and well worth it
The pub at the top was great. A brew at the highest pub in Africa...oh yah!

Visited January 2013

• Czech first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“Come still this year”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Unfortunately this highlight of a mountain trip will be closed for 3 years due to progress. It will be tarred and loose its charm for every. So hurry. A hair-raising adventure only for the not so easily frightened people. Beautiful scenery, animals and takes courage in winter. Come and enjoy this wonderful place

Visited March 2013
Coventry, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Great excursion- but some advice!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

As everyone else has said, this is a wonderful experience not to be missed if you're in the Drakensburg region. However, a couple of things I wished someone had told me before I went:

1. If you have any back problems sit as close to the front of the 4x4 vehicle as you can get- you get chucked about in the back and although I'm fit and healthy my back ached the next day!

2. If you're female don't wear shorts or a shortish skirt in the village at the top. Nothing actually happened but my friend and I felt uncomfortable and wished we'd taken some trousers to change into.

3. Be prepared for how different the Besotho people look - no-one told us and we found them a bit of a shock and quite sinister at first. However, they're all friendly. I'll try and upload some pictures I took.

We were told the road is being tarmacked in April, I thoroughly recommend you do it before that happens as the road is part of the experience! Enjoy!

1 Thank MrandMrs J
Köln
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“A must see!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Going up the Sani Pass is an adventure in itself. However, being up in Lesotho and watching the life of the Basotho living in this remote area will give you a long-lasting impression.

Visited February 2013
Durban, South Africa
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Sani Pass 4 x 4”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stay at the Sani Pass Hotel and hit the road at 09h00. Reached the SA border post.at 10h00. We travel up the mountain in 4 x 4 and at very slow speed, the road in very bad condition after good rain. The vegetation lush and the scenery very picturesque. We had something small to bite and drink at the highest pup in Africa, unbelievable, this is a must on the bucket list. The decent much easier and faster.

Visited February 2013