“Great cream cakes and coffee”
Review of So Whipped

So Whipped
Ranked #3 of 4 Dessert in Umhlanga Rocks
Description: Gourmet Bakery. Serving fresh cake slices, cupcakes, macrons, cronuts, pecan pie, scones, fresh cream. Light Lunches: Swaps, savory pastries, croissants etc. Artisan hand roasted coffee. Well trained baristas creating perfect cappuccino, flat white, Americano, cortado, or what ever you can imagine. We mix our own blends of craft tea. Known for decadent milkshakes like the Chocolate Brownie shake, Oreo shake and Rooibos & Honey shake. Kid friendly safe play area. Famous for our wedding cakes & candy/dessert tables at functions. The cafe space is available for hire.
Reviewed May 7, 2018

We really enjoyed the cream eclairs and coffee, the staff were very funny and friendly. This became a regular 10am stop.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed October 16, 2016 via mobile

Love this place, my favourite for my daddy and son outing time! Great staff and amazing space to take a break from crazy shopping!

Date of visit: October 2016
1  Thank Julianc A
Reviewed July 27, 2016

I stumbled upon this place while walking through Gateway and I thought they had a witty name so I figured I should give them a go - and OHMYGOSH was I right to do so. They have the most incredible cupcakes in the world, and I am a cupcake connoisseur, trust me. My personal favourites are the red velvet and the belgian chocolate but they have so much more to offer, all sorts of cakes and muffins and they make a mean cronut ( if you see it, you will want to shove it in your face). Plus, the owner Candice is super nice and she comes for chats sometimes. I also thought it was cute that they had a separate children's play area, seemed useful for busy mommies. Oh, and my boyfriend thought their coffee is great but I haven't personally had a taste though. But he is to be trusted haha. All in all a great experience for me, not so great for my total BMI. Will be back every chance I get.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank Theodora V
Reviewed July 5, 2016 via mobile

Such a cute little spot for coffee and a cake. The cupcakes are divine and they do a lovely selection of coffees that are well made.
Reasonable prices too!

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed June 6, 2016 via mobile

Freshly baked cakes great coffee what more do you need? When trying this little gem, taste the carrot cake and have some of the cupcakes as well. I snack here often and have not once had bad service or experience. Keep it up!!!

Date of visit: June 2016