Villa Calla
Valdior(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
$108
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
AHA Gateway Hotel(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
$112
Hotels.com
Protea Hotel Durban Umhlanga(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
$104
Protea Hotels
  • Pool
$95
$82
  • Breakfast included
Royal Palm Hotel(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
$105
$72
The Sibaya Lodge(Umhlanga Rocks)
$223
$217
Hotwire.com
Beverly Hills(Umhlanga Rocks)
$386
The Oyster Box(Umhlanga Rocks)
$346
HotelQuickly
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 1, 2010

Our stay in Villa Calla with Janelle and her team was just the highlight of accomodations in our 3 week trip through SA!!!
Situated in a calm and very nice side street, this is the place to stay. Beautifully furnished rooms, great breakfast, silence and last but not least - lovely and very helpful hosts who did virtually everything to feel comfortable and make our stay remembered for a very long time.
Excellent value for money, too.

Janelle, thanks a lot for these 3 days, we hope to be back soon,
Mandy & Nico
Frankfurt/Germany.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2010

This was my very first trip to South Africa and it was very memorable for me! There were many reasons why I wanted it to be the "trip of my lifetime" and it was!!! The positive aspects of this B&B started before I left SF. I only decided to take this trip 2 weeks before I went -so when the Hostess and owner responded quickly to my email questions about the availablility of a single room and desire for a quick trip to a Game Reserve - with timely and clear answers and a guided tour I was relieved and thankful. I guess the uniqueness of this B&B was the friendliness, warmth and love that you feel from the hostess, staff and other guests while you are staying there- you were part of the "family". The owner continued to be helpful with travel and dining suggestions only when and if you wanted advice. A walk to the beach (3 blocks) and back followed by an excellent breakfast was a delightful way to start your day. The rates for a room were affordable, and they were private and clean and filled with all the necessities. The "common " room with books, tv, pool and available drinks helped me feel " at home". It was very hard to leave this cozy, comfortable "home" in a faraway land , I have promised myself -I will be back!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2010

A great welcoming hostess owner (Janelle), competent staff and great breakfasts in a well kept comfortable B & B in a very convenient location close to the local amenties. Excellent advice and help on what to do and help in arranging an excursion to the nearby game reserve. Comfortable room with reliable and free internet access. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 20, 2010

Janelle was extremely friendly when we arrived to check Villa Calla out. We were on a driving tour round South Africa and because we didnt know when we would be arriving in each place we didnt book in advance. Janelle was very accommodating allowing us to look at a room and show us around without pressuring us to commit to staying. We left to go and check out some more guesthouses down the road but after seeing two decided not to waste any more time and head back to Villa Calla to secure the room. Price seemed to be very competitive compare to a number of the other guesthouses in the area. Breakfast was lovely and pool looked like it would have been great if the weather had been a touch warmer!

Janelle even arranged for an early breakfast for us on the day we were leaving as our flight was an early one to Cape Town.

Interesting comments from others below and I wouldn't agree with any of them. Yes you can here the staff preparing breakfast in the morning a little but they are doing that for you to enjoy a nice breakfast which is included in the price! Just get up and go out and enjoy all that South Africa has to offer!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Very noisy establishment on a busy road, staff do not keep quiet, loud when speaking on the phone, as well as when watching tv. Rather rude staff especially owners. Totally overpriced, definately not value for money. Good location pity about the people.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business