“Nice place, good lunch ”
Review of Adega Restaurant

Adega Restaurant
Ranked #99 of 135 Restaurants in Umhlanga Rocks
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

We were here on holiday and quite amused by the sign that said Portuguese Cuisine and Sushi. After a laugh at the combination we decided to try it since we both like Portuguese food. We ate late in the afternoon so we were the only ones there so the service was good. The menu is intermingled with advertising so it looks much like a magazine. My husband had salted cod which he found to be quite good. I had chicken stuffed with spinach and feta. My dish was served with rice and fries (chips). I have only seen that combination in Costa Rica...
My chicken was very good. They had a small selection of wines by carafe, which suited us at that time of day. The prices were good, a little more than some places but still good value. The sign did say they took American Express and we inquired however when we tried to pay they couldn't take that card. They do take Visa.
I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

The service was poor, the prices were hugely infalted. None of the waiters seemd to know what steak was offered in the platter, the water on the table was warm and could not be replaced by a cold one, the restaurant is in the hub of a busy street but no one could buy the pineapples that was out of stock for the pina colada drink that was initially offered to me, I was asked no less than 6 times if "I was ok", was I in hospital? the tip is built into the bill, over the listed prices.
really ?

2  Thank Nafisa U
Reviewed July 9, 2014

The clams were sandy, the mussels had been standing so there was a film on them. Chips overdone. We didn't dare order sushi.

The waiter was very kind but the manager didn't even bother coming to talk to us after we complained.

And they added a hospitality fee despite us being a table of four.

I would not even bother.

1  Thank ClareCTN
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Strawberry daiquiri in a castle lite glass.

Plastic tablecloths.

R60 Greek salad looks like a R10 pick n pay special. Served on a warm plate.

6 tables and the entire place is out of control.

Manager (who knows?) nowhere to be seen except possibly huddled around the pos with all other staff.

Kids fish fingers served without lemon or tartare sauce.

And hugely expensive!

Avoid like the plague.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

good tasting local cuisine
loved the prawns, mussels and giblets
very spacious inside and out
house wine was included in the steep price but was gladly welcomed