We stayed at the Teremok Marine Lodge for 4 days/3 nights, and we felt utterly pampered during our entire stay. The lodge is a very relaxing place to be, decorated with taste, and with a very "zen" feeling to it all. We just loved our room, it was just so beautiful and cozy ! We stayed in the "Zodiac" room.
Paul at reception made our stay that much more special, he gladly drove us to and from restaurants, cinemas, etc - even though we were quite willing to take a taxi - nothing was too much for him, and every question we had was met with a genuine smile.
Service at the Teremok Marine is quite unique as well.. we had been travelling the country for over 3 weeks, and we had quite a bit of laundry to do, Teremok Marine took care of that for us, free of charge, and delivered everything back washed and ironed the very next day - we were very happy about that !
Breakfast at the Teremok is out of this world - absolutely everything we tried was just beyond delicious.. The homemade cakes and breads, the fruit salads/fruit skewers, the smoothies, the coffee, the cooked breakfasts...the "wow effect" was definately present at breakfast.
My partner and I have travelled quite a bit, and we both agree the Teremok is our favorite place so far - if we ever go back to the Durban area, we will go back there, no question about it.
Umhlanga Rocks is a nice place not too far from Durban, but out of the big-city rush so it is quite relaxing but it does offer entertainment if you feel like leaving the hotel (which, by the way, most of the time you won't want to do), but it is not a "dormant" village either, so you don't feel completely isolated like you would in Ballito for instance (which is far too residential to be interesting).
For those who like to do some sports, the gym is great (treadmill, bike, weights, etc), otherwise there is a boardwalk on the beach, which is great for running or walking. You can reach the boardwalk easily on foot from the hotel.
All in all, a great stay, great people, great food !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Umhlanga, and walking distance from the beach, lies Teremok Marine, an award-winning five-star boutique lodge and spa. All eight suites are uniquely designed and boast extra-length beds, air-conditioning, private balconies, showers, baths, double basins and separate toilets with bidets. Extras include LCD screens and DVD players, iPod docking stations, and complimentary ADSL internet in every room. Teremok also has a Spa facility, gym and pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Teremok Marine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Teremok Marine Hotel Umhlanga Rocks
- Teremok Hotel Umhlanga Rocks