We stayed for only one night here but really found it enjoyable. We had the Durban Suite, which I suspect is the best room in the place - very large with wet room sized shower, twin ended bath and twin basins in the main room and separate room (bigger than most hotel's bathroom) just for the WC and bidet. Also had a huge and very comfortable bed and very good quality furniture along with free internet access, large widescreen LCD TV, DVD player and Ipod docking station.
The room had wide patio doors out to a magnificent private balcony with enough room for two sun loungers plus table and chairs. The view from this balcony of the Indian Ocean was stunning, including the ships that others complained of (but they were a couple of miles out to sea).
The breakfast was very good and served by very friendly staff. We did not use the pool but it looked very inviting. The honesty bar was well stocked and the lounge was a very pleasant place to sit and drink and watch the world go by, or read a book.
The hotel is just a short walk from the ocean and the marine walkway that runs the length of Umhlanga beach. Umhlanga seems very safe and there are plenty of nice restaurants. The hotel have a free courtesy car that they use to take you to and from the centre if you don't want to walk. We ate a very good meal at Olive and Oil. We also ate well (and very cheaply) at the Ocean Basket, which is part of a chain - I hope they extend the chain to the UK sometime!
It was a real shame that we could not stay longer here, which would have led to a very relaxing break. We hope to be back sometime soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Umhlanga, and walking distance from the beach, lies Teremok Marine, an award-winning five-star boutique lodge and spa. All eight suites are uniquely designed and boast extra-length beds, air-conditioning, private balconies, showers, baths, double basins and separate toilets with bidets. Extras include LCD screens and DVD players, iPod docking stations, and complimentary ADSL internet in every room. Teremok also has a Spa facility, gym and pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Teremok Marine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Teremok Marine Hotel Umhlanga Rocks
- Teremok Hotel Umhlanga Rocks