“Perfect”
Review of The Oyster Box

The Oyster Box
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Umhlanga Rocks
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Took an elderly friend here for lunch recently in the terrace restaurabt as she had not visited since the refurbishment.. Perfect service, great food and everyone so friendly when we had a look round whilst she remembered the days when her daughters had their wedding receptions there a good few years ago.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
OBHumhlangaRocks, General Manager at The Oyster Box, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your visit to The Oyster Box for lunch.

I am delighted to hear that both your friend and yourself thoroughly enjoyed your visit, especially the perfect service, delicious food and friendly staff.

We have a number of guests returning who reminisce and exchange wonderful stories of family and friends who have passed through The Oyster Box doors many years ago to celebrate special occasions.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Wayne Coetzer

Write a ReviewReviews (1,973)

Reviewed November 7, 2013

My wife and I recently spent un unforgettable 12th wedding anniversary at the Oyster Box. Wow we were blown away by this unforgettable experience.We were made to feel like royalty , yet still felt comfortable and at home in our surroundings . The friendly , super efficient staff are clearly very well trained and valued by their employer. This is reflected in the manner in which they go about their daily business , be it welcoming guests , dealing with a tricky guest or mopping the floor. We were welcomed into our luxurious see facing room with succulent fresh strawberries and dips of chocolate , whipped cream and icing sugar with a bottle of champagne . Bed time was a romantic surprise of rose petals scattered tastefully throughout the room and candles in the beautiful bathroom. We were so sad to leave.
The Oyster Box experience is without doubt a Bucket List experience .

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with some feedback following your recent stay at
The Oyster Box on the occasion of your 12th wedding anniversary.

I am absolutely delighted to hear that you both thoroughly enjoyed yourselves and that everything exceeded your expectations, in particular the efficient and friendly staff and the luxurious accommodation offering a romantic turndown.

Our staff are passionate about ensuring every guest's experience here is amazing and that every guest leaves wanting to return.

I look forward to welcoming you back for yet another memorable stay soon.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I have been lucky to have been a guest to some of the best hotels around the world; the Oyster box easily tops the list. The staff are excellent (smiles and eager to help without having to ask). I booked a Villa (suit); what a experience! Classically decorated and we'll noise insulated. Private - heated jacuzzi came handy. The food, at the Grill House, was excellent.

My overall experience at the hotel was exceptional, I can't wait to bring my entire family for the experience alone. Do yourself a favor, book your stay, you will not regret it!!!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
OBHumhlangaRocks, General Manager at The Oyster Box, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review following your stay at The Oyster Box.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time here and that the efficient and friendly staff took great care of you, all in all, exceeding your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back with your entire family to experience everything
The Oyster Box has to offer.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I recently arranged a group stay for my company - 60 guests half of which were from other countries at the Oyster Box. Nothing could have prepared me for this unforgettable experience. In my 12 years of arranging various trips all around the country, I have never been to a place where I actually felt confident in every single staff members ability to do their job well. From the front desk staff, to the waiters - every single staff member provides service above excellence. My conference, dinners, drink and even room allocations all ran 100% smoothly. Every single one of my guests could not stop sommenting on how the Oyster box truly made them feel special during our weekend stay. As 2 of my guests put it - they felt like Royalty.
I am very meticulous, and often look for fault when I visit a venue. I honestly could not fault one single thing at the Oyster Box, in my room (which had the most magnificent view), the restaurant, the bar - nothing. Everything was absolutely on point.
A very special thanks to angela Venniker - your service was outstanding. And to Claude and the rest of the staff at the front desk - Your eagerness to help was a breathe of fresh air. I cannot wait to visit the Oyster Box again, and this time will do so with my family so we can really enjoy everything the Oyster Box has to offer.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with your pets - go for a ground floor room, as there are some with a private...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay at The Oyster Box.

I am absolutely delighted to hear that you all thoroughly enjoyed yourselves, in particular the efficient and friendly staff and smooth running of your group stay. Our staff are passionate about ensuring every guest's experience here is amazing and that everyone leaves wanting to return.

I look forward to welcoming you back with your family to enjoy a most memorable stay with us.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is what I was looking for, on arrival I wanted to be met and received by somebody, a welcome cocktail, escorted to the Lighthouse Bar. Then met by close girlfriends for a surprise high tea with teas,coffees and wines. Platters of Asian and French starters, birthday cake, blowing of candles,singing and each friend having something to do and say. The presents were too much to carry and the service was just too professional and excellent. Of course this was planned beforehand by writer and Oyster Box

Seelan Naidoo - Food/fBeverage Manager and his team were magnificient, and therefore because of the excellent service I have confrimed the Oyster Box for our end of year departmental lunch . What I admired most most was the personal touch, care and comfort which was tops. Seelan Naidoo a true ambassador of Oyster Box. I will ask all my friends and family to visit and stay at the OYSTER BOX.

Room Tip: It was a High Tea, but definately woth a stay the next time round.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
OBHumhlangaRocks, General Manager at The Oyster Box, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with feedback following your birthday celebration
at The Oyster Box.

I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed a High Tea experience with all the delicious sweet and savoury items on offer. Perfect for a birthday celebration!

Thank you for pointing out the staff members that stood out from a service point of view, you can be assured that they will be thanked for looking after you. Thank you too for making The Oyster Box as your venue of choice for your departmental year end lunch due to the exceptional service you received during your birthday visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I had the pleasure of checking into this fine establishment. Way before one even arrives the service excellence begins, arrival preference forms are emailed to you and upon your arrival it is done , ready and waiting....

All staff that one interacts with,whether it be personally or over the telephone, make you feel as though you are truly valued as a guest at their establishment

The bed itself along with the luxurious linen lends itself to a great nights rest.

I thought I had enjoyed spa treatments, but never before had I experienced a spa, such as the OBH. I could quite easily spend a whole day there next time...Words do not do the spa justice.

My short stay to the hotel has definitely left me wanting for more.....

Room Tip: Any sea facing room is worth it
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay at The Oyster Box.

I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your time here and that all the staff took great care of you throughout your stay. Our staff are passionate about ensuring every guest leaves wanting to return.

I look forward to being able to welcome you back for yet another memorable stay when you will again be able to experience further treatments from our award-winning Spa.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

The Oyster Box - My husband and I had the most wonderful stay. Everything is for your comfort and enjoyment. The thickest towels, softest tissues, crispest, most comfortable linen. Everything is just beautiful!

Room Tip: If you come to Durban you have to see the sea from your bed. Insist on a sea facing room, you won...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle J
OBHumhlangaRocks, General Manager at The Oyster Box, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review following your visit to The Oyster Box with your husband.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time here and found everything to your liking including the soft, thick towels, soft tissues and exceptionally comfortable linen.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to experience more of what The Oyster Box has to offer.