The Oyster Box
$135
Protea Hotels
  • Pool
Protea Hotel Durban Umhlanga(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
$105
  • Pool
Royal Palm Hotel(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
$105
Hotels.com
$74
$71
Agoda.com
AHA Gateway Hotel(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
$112
$93
Priceline
Teremok Marine(Umhlanga Rocks)
$280
The Sibaya Lodge(Umhlanga Rocks)
$223
$217
Travelocity
Breakers Resort(Umhlanga Rocks)
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,100 results
All reviewscurry buffetthe grilllighthouse barhigh teaoysterswayne coetzerocean terrace restaurantoyster barresident catgarden villaattention to detailour waitersea facing roomcolonial styleindian oceanbucket listtreated like royalty
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Great fun place! Feels out of this world! Great rooms and great food - just very expensive! Will definitely return!!! Setting within the hotel is amazing and the variety is something every hotel should strive for!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
OBHumhlangaRocks, General Manager at The Oyster Box, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with some feedback following your stay at
The Oyster Box.

I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed yourselves, in particular the great rooms and food, together with the amazing setting right on the beach.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to experience another memorable stay.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I absolutly love the Oyster box Umhlanga staff. They are so friendly. I planned my brother's engagement at The Grillroom Resturant there and I was treated like ROYALTY and so was the Happy couple. My sister-inlaw was so impressed that she bought me a pair of shoes to thank me for her suprise engagement. I booked there for my boyfriend's birthday and they were just as friendly. The place is like heaven. Went on the sight inspection of the entire hotel and my breath was taken away. HEAVEN!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
OBHumhlangaRocks, General Manager at The Oyster Box, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your visits to The Grill Room Restaurant to celebrate the occasions of your brother's engagement and your boyfriend's birthday.

Our staff are passionate about ensuring every guest's experience here is amazing and that every guest leaves wanting to return.

My wish is that you will return often to celebrate special moments.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The staff at this hotel from the valet to the front desk made each and every portion of our experience memorable, comfortable, positive, and happy. The staff was beautiful from the inside out and this is not often my experience in luxury hotels. This place rocks, and the location was great.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with some feedback following your recent stay with us at The Oyster Box.

I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of the hotel including the friendliness of the staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon to enjoy another memorable stay with us.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This hotel is well loved by generations of South Africans but under present management it must rank as one of the most charming places to stay in Africa. Everything about the hotel is clever and amusing from the quirky layout to the sophisticated decoration which is a blend of Capri and Coconut Grove .It is unpretentious, comfortable , and GENEROUS like staying with rich and eccentric friends. No trip to South Africa is complete without staying in this hotel for a few days if possible. Staff are so helpful and friendly and committed to making you happy.Food is deliciously old fashioned .The Spa is excellent. The rooms are well designed and compact with a blend of antiques ,wicker , and beautiful fittings. A garden suite is a great privilege.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gary S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with some feedback following your recent stay at
The Oyster Box.

I am delighted to hear that you were completely blown away by the service and friendliness of the staff, thought the decor incredible and found the whole stay exceeded your expectations.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We celebrated our wedding ceremony & reception at the beautiful Oyster Box Hotel on the 15th June 2013. The customer service was 5 star from start to finish absolutely beautiful and memorable our guests could not speak more highly of their experience at the Oyster Box. If you would like to have a truly memorable wedding , you have to consider this gorgeous location , the staff were absolutely superb, food was to die for . We were surrounded by luxury but we felt comfortable & at home a very relaxed atmosphere. Ginny, wedding coordinator totally professional yet warm , to the other team players too many to mention you were fantastic .......see you same time next year for our 1st anniversary can't wait ! We cannot forget his royal highness Skabenga the cat. Thank you from us ....see you soon Charmaine & Graeme Williams

• Stayed: June 2013
OBHumhlangaRocks, General Manager at The Oyster Box, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Williams,

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with some feedback following your most memorable wedding day held at The Oyster Box.

I am absolutely delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed yourselves from start to finish, in particular the location, food, staff and our very own dedicated wedding co-ordinator Ginny.

I look forward to welcoming you back to celebrate further special moments.