“Refreshing Meal” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Circus Circus Cafe

Circus Circus Cafe
Ranked #18 of 131 Restaurants in Umhlanga Rocks
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Circus Circus Cafe - Seasonal + Local + Fresh. The way food should be... Branches in Gateway, Musgrave, Beach Cafe & Galleria.
Houston, Texas
“Refreshing Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Tried this restaurant in the Gateway Mall. I liked the veggie burger but it lacked structure so quickly fell apart. The taste was good though. We also enjoyed the veggie mezze platter with a nice assortment of treats. We found it to be a refreshing meal and enjoyed the “outside” seating in the mall. A great alternative to typical food court fare.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Stunning lunch time venue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We popped in because we had enjoyed our lunch a few months ago. The fish cakes were delightful then and after ordering Thai Chicken salad and the table next door had fish cakes delivered I had buyers remorse. When the salad arrived all the remorse evaporated. Hottish, spicy and tasty as ever,
This establishment offers great value and we will be back.
The waiter was outstanding, attentive but not in our faces.
Great!

Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
“Lovely”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

We had breakfast here the day we arrived in Umhlanga. The place was clean, nicely decorated and the staff were friendly and attentive. What I liked most about the place was that I felt important and like I was part of the furniture (at home in other words). The food was quite good although you can't really go wrong with breakfast! If I go back to Gateway I will definitely be giving it another visit.

• Visited October 2013
Durban, South Africa
“Always brilliant food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is my favourite restaurant of all time. The food is exceptional, great taste and good portion sizes (neither too small or too large).

A key feature is very comfortable chairs so you can sit for hours enjoying their excellent coffee or a glass of wine (or three).

The only problem I have is every time I change menu selection I am stuck there for several visits as each dish is so good its difficult to choose something else. Turns out over time its all good!

Visited September 2013
Durban, South Africa
“Delicious veggie burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I'm not vegetarian, but I absolutely LOVE the vegetable burger at Circus Circus Gateway. Large portion and filled with chick peas, lentils, butternut and sweetcorn...yum!

• Visited August 2013