“the worst restaurant in our trip to SA”
Review of Remo's Villaggio - CLOSED

Remo's Villaggio
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Zichron Yaakov, Israel
“the worst restaurant in our trip to SA”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed in Umhlanga Rocks one night before a flight to Port Elizabeth.We had a dinner in this restaurant which was recommended by the owner of our guesthouse. The restaurant was full with people and we thought that it is a good sign. We booked a place but when we came there was not a free table and we had to wait very long. There were mosquitos and I asked if they have something against it. They had nothing. After asking again and again they brought me a candle which we put under the table. But the food was the worst part. It is not a real food. I had a Seafood Platter which had just samples of seafood with pieces of fright onions instead of vegetables. They put the onions in a pot which fell from the tray on the candle and the hot wax poured on my foot. Our waiter was not bad but the service as a whole was very poor and the prices very high. It was the worst night in our 3 week trip in SA. There are many restaurants in this place. Choose another one!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank RivkaNir

• Hebrew first
Devizes, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff and good food”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband I were visiting with family in Umhlanga Rocks. We ate their a couple of times, breakfast was excellent, despite being very busy and I was in a wheelchair nothing was too much trouble. The food was delicious. The 2nd time my husband and I had lunch their, we felt the service was not as good as the time before, as the waiter kept getting our order wrong, how ever saying that the food and the friendliness of the staff was just as good. Thank you.

Visited January 2014
“best food in Umhlanga”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Brilliant restaurant. Staff always friendly, and the atmosphere is great. Food never disappoints and they will always try to cater for everyones needs. The staff even dance on a busy evening.

• Visited February 2014
Cape Town, South Africa
“Wonderful italian food, absolutely great and very friendly service!”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

The best food and wines, the most friendly and efficient service we had in umhlanga! A real joy! I can only recommend this place and also their other location 'Remos fratelli originals' in the Flanders mall.We spent a few evenings in the remos villa giro, had a few breakfasts there and I can honestly guarantee you a wonderful, exceptional experience. You feel like part of the family, surrounded by beautiful interior and old family photos. The food was really exceptional and I can not say enough good words about the wonderful,genuinely friendly and efficient staff! Go there when you are in umhlanga! My best food experience in Durban!

Visited January 2014
Zurich, Switzerland
“Italian coffee and more!”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

One of the places to be in Umhlanga.
The initial reason to go in was the Lavazza coffee machine. We as Europeans are always looking for good coffee.
The staff is very friendly, well trained and they do their jobs with high commitment.
But you should not only go there for its coffee (always accompanied be a glass of water and a cookie) but for the food as well.
Enjoy and have a good time!

• Visited January 2014