Cheap, well situated directly opposite the entrance to the Gateway shopping centre, clean, modern and perfectly adequate for an overnight stay. Friendly staff, secure location, a business hotel by week and a shopper's hotel by the weekend. The only issue was one of noise at night outside my room (which was at the front of the hotel, facing the cafes outside the shopping centre). I would suggest a room at the side or the rear may be a better choice. That apart, a very pleasant stay, despite the very slow elevator..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated next to the upmarket Gateway shopping and entertainment complex, City Lodge Umhlanga Ridge blends into the surroundings of its modern environment. Durban is just minutes away on the adjacent freeway, as is the city’s international airport. The five-storey hotel is in the heart of the new business district that has emerged in the Umhlanga area. It is also a short drive from Umhlanga’s popular promenade and beach front. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your City Lodge Hotel Umhlanga Ridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- City Lodge Umhlanga Ridge Hotel Umhlanga Rocks
- City Hotel Umhlanga Rocks