“Nice surroundings and atmosphere”
Review of Ponta D'Ouro Restaurante - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ponta D'Ouro Restaurante
Cuisines: Portuguese
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Not sure about the reference to Mozambique, but the food was good and the service OK. As mostly happens the workers lack training or interest. In our case the wine never arrived and we just did not have to have it!!! But overall was happy with the time spent at the restaurant.

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We went to this restaurant, because it was the only one with no line, now I understand why. The service was not statisfying at all. The cost of food was way too high for its quality and we had to wait 80 minutes before our 140 rand prawn curry and other simple dishes were served. Glass with a crack. Simple tasteless food. I would have done better buying my curry in the supermarket. Let's just say I prefer a Mc Donald's take away!

1  Thank Luc H
Reviewed November 22, 2013

It might just be personal preference - but I don't know how a restaurant that serves average food at higher than average prices survives in Durban's fickle market. I must be missing something but It will definitely not be this restaurant.

1  Thank Adeleben
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were lucky to get there fairly early in the evening, which meant the waiters were very attentive. We ordered a starter and 2 mains however all had a very "lemony" taste. I assume that the chef was having a bad evening on this day but will try it again jut to make sure.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Even though it was a Sunday night, the whole of Umhlanga fills up on a Saturday with thousands of new tourists arriving for timeshare. As we sat down for a family of six, the service was listless, although the staff were nice to our smallest child. Some key items on the menu were not available, but not apology. Finally, we placed our order and a few minutes later asked for some bread. We were told there the bread was finished, but this was a lie. Bread was served to other patrons, and then, with two pregos and another meal, bread miraculously appeared on our table. This set the tone for the rest of the meal, and, admittedly, we became a bit picky about other details. The meat with the stew was definitely not fillet as advertised as it was really tough. I nejoyed my prego, but the chips were cold. (In fact, all chips were cold compared to the meals.) My son enjoyed his prawns, but at that price, even though they were large, not worth it. In fact, the bill was just too high for service and quality received. Don't waste your money. with the dozen or so other choices immediately adjacent.