“Excellent as always”

Ranked #11 of 131 Restaurants in Umhlanga Rocks
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Sugar Club restaurant in uMhlanga Kwa Zulu Natal, overlooks the sparkling Indian Ocean, is a distinguished and elegant signature restaurant of the Beverly Hills hotel. The Sugar Club is renowned for its consistent culinary excellence and a popular choice for celebrations. The restaurants Wine List is the recipient of the Diners Diamond Award for 2014,2015, 2016. Every meal is a celebration in the Sugar Club and this venue is equally renowned for its decadent desserts that are a fitting end to a truly exceptional dining experience. The professional and intuitive staff ensures that guests enjoy the very best service. The Sugar Club also hosts rare auction wines , Open seven days per week for breakfast and dinner, with a Sunday buffet lunch and a Friday and Saturday afternoon tea buffet The Sugar Club has become dining highlights not to be missed.
Durban, South Africa
“Excellent as always”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I am a regular at the Beverley Hills because they get so many things right, and when there is the occasional niggle it is sorted out promptly. Great view, phenomenal service and consistently good food. Keep it guys.

Visited September 2013
BEVHILLSUMHLANGA, Manager at The Sugar Club, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear valued Guest Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted to visit us regularly and enjoy your time at the hotel. Please make yourself known during your next visit - it would be my pleasure to meet you. Thank you for your patronage. Kind regards Tony Kocke Executive Chef

Durban South Africa
“Classic Charm”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The balcony at the Beverly Hills creates a relaxing ambiance with lovely views.
Staff are punctual and pleasant.Nice selection of foods for brunch,lunch or afternoon teas.

• Visited January 2013
Dear Valued Guest Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted you enjoyed your meal and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future . Kind regards Tony Kocke Executive chef.
Durban, South Africa
“Amazing setting and service, meals were a let down”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My wife and I have always considered the Sugar Club to be a very special spot to enjoy a night out. The seaside setting has to be the best in Durban and the service from the highly trained staff is always a cut above. On our last visit we were very dissappointed at the quality of the meals. My steak was bland and rather tough - not the quality of cut or preparation one would consider to be 5 star. My wife's pork belly was piping hot on the outside and fridge temperature on the inside? When I complained they offered to warm the dish, I said this was not good enough and that it needed to be re-done properly from scratch. When it was eventually returned to us, it was the same pork belly which had been re-heated, presented with fresh veggies. The pork was now hot but extremely tough and dry. For an establishment of this quality, and given the prices demanded, this is simply not good enough!

• Visited August 2013
BEVHILLSUMHLANGA, Public Relations Manager at The Sugar Club, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest Thank you for taking the time to write a review .I am so sorry your meal was not up to our usual high standard and would like to rectify this with you. May i trouble to you email me your contact details so that I can make contact with you - (beverlyhills.reservations.tsogosun.com)
Assuring you of my best attention at all times. Warm regards Tony Kocke Executive Chef
Sydney, Australia
“Lovely location but average food”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stopped at the Beverly Hills Hotel as it was recommended as a good place to have food and take in a nice view of the ocean. The location was indeed quite good, but most of the stuff we ordered was average - my mojito had far too much packed ice and I could barely reach the drink, my lamb cutlets were ordered well done but were not, my friend's tagliatelle was bit squishy.

• Visited August 2013
Dear Valued Guest Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am saddened to hear of your experience and would love the opportunity to engage with you directly - Can you please send me your contact details so that I can call you. (beverlyhills.reservations@tsogosun.com) Assuring you of my best attention at all times Warm regards Tony Kocke, Executive Chef
Durban
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb Sunday lunch!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

As a local Durbanite, but very well-traveled internationally, I have a high expectation when dining at 5-star establishments. I can certainly say that my decision to spoil my lovely lady with Sunday lunch at our very own Beverly Hills Hotel was a masterful choice!
From the service to the incredibly tasty food (not to mention the most amazing 'winter' weather of a warm & sunny day), we were absolutely thrilled with all aspects of our dining experience, and it can easily be categorized in one word ... "Sublime".
An overall "excellent" rating is richly deserved!

• Visited July 2013
Lorna G, Public Relations Manager at The Sugar Club, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest Thank you for your review . We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you back soon. Warm regards Tony Kocke, Executive Chef