“Meat eaters delight”

Butcher Boys Umhlanga Rocks
Cuisines: Argentinean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Butcher Boys, an elegant upmarket steak restaurant and sister to our Florida Rd store which was established in November 1999 has now opened opened its doors in Umhlanga Rocks on the 1st of March 2017. This sanctuary for meat lovers serve the best grain fed beef South Africa has to offer and our wet & dry aging process results in exceptional quality and texture. Our in house butcheries will cut to your preference whether it be lean or with a little fat or of a particular weight or thickness. Our unique temperature controlled wine cellars proudly house a diverse selection of indigenous vintage estate wines from the fairest Cape and surrounds.
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Was taken there as a treat on fathers day. I was expecting mayhem at lunch but was more than pleasantly surprised. Service very good and on the ball, steaks were superb and overall excellent experience. I will certainly be back

Mark S, Guest Relations Manager at Butcher Boys Umhlanga Rocks, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Hi Dave, thank you for the kind words. We are glad to hear you had a great time and enjoyed the food. We look forward to seeing you again soon at Bar Ba Coa Argentinian.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

A great place to have a meal and socialise. We had a good meal, great steaks. Very healthy portions. The service was good and they accommodated our last minute reservation.

Hi Michelle, thank you for the kind words. We are glad to hear you had a great time and enjoyed the food. We look forward to seeing you again soon at Bar Ba Coa Argentinian.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Made our usual quarterly visit to Umhlanga Rocks and on the Monday evening decided it was time for another visit to Bar Ba Coa. Made a reservation for 4 pax at 7.30 and arrived on time. Being a Monday, the restaurant was quiet. On being taken to our table, our request for a change to a slightly larger one was ignored. This was perhaps a pointer of things to come. We were seated, handed our menus and that I'm afraid to say, was that !! We sat making idle conversation for 20 minutes hoping in vain that someone out there would actually notice that our table was as dry as a desert in a drought. With the threat of dehydration fast becoming a reality, we took our leave. So I'm afraid I can't really comment on the food. I can't even comment on the liquid refreshments. Are these guys resting on their laurels ? If so, I suggest they catch a wake up as we found a delightful alternative in the Blockman up at the back of the Holiday Inn Express near Gateway. Great service. Superb steaks. Wish I could say the same for Ca Ca Boa as my wife calls it !

Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is definitely ONE OF THE BEST restaurants I have ever been to. From the service to the food it can only be described as AWESOME.
My sister-in-law and I spent 3 days in Umhlanga Sands and it happened to be over Mother's Day. As we were both away from our children we decided to spoil ourselves at a nice restaurant. While walking around the menu outside the restaurant caught our eye and we were sold on the butternut and spinach. However, we were more than bowled over on the rest of our meal as well.
We were warmly welcomed and our waiter was just the best and friendly. We received the homemade bread roll to start and that had us in anticipation of what the rest of the meal would be like and we were not disappointed.
She had the steak and I had the chicken with salad and veggies on the side and although we were 'stuffed' we ended up ordering dessert too.
My sister-in-law raved about the steak so much that 2 nights later we went back for steak again and once again we were not disappointed.
This restaurant seems to be a favourite and I can understand why - the food is excellent and the service too.
When down in Umhlanga again, I will definitely stop for a meal.

Mark S, Guest Relations Manager at Butcher Boys Umhlanga Rocks, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

I'm very glad you had a fantastic experience. We aim for that every day, and to hear you came back! Wonderful stuff!

Please come in again when next in Umhlanga...

Reviewed June 6, 2013

The steaks and ribs were really delicious. The service was also excellent.

The next time we visit Umhlanga we will return to this restaurant.