“Yummy”

Olive & Oil - Umhlanga
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Whatever the occasion, when dining at Olive & Oil, we aim to imbue our Guests with a sense of well-being and comfort. Our friendly staff will be on hand to indulge you with the finest traditions of the Mediterranean – exceptional food and unrivaled hospitality. Our motto is simple; comfortable food made exceptionally well!
Reviewed April 17, 2014

A very relaxed restaurant overlooking the main street. Food excellent, service could do with a little upgrading but by no means put us off from having a lovely meal, twice!

There are newer reviews for Olive & Oil - Umhlanga

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I was there for a after-business dinner. As Italian I tendentially try to avoid Mediterranean food when I travel out of Europe. This time I am happy to have dis attended the rule: excellent material ( seafood), accurate presentation and a nice Chardonnay to accompany a 5 star lobster bisque and seafood platter. It was a pity to skip the dessert but calories are always an issue when business dictate the rules of your life.
I will come back to test what I missed tonight. In the meantime I cN only recommend to try this nice place. Thanks to Chris and Brett to take me there!

Reviewed April 4, 2014

One of our favourite restaurants in Umhlanga Rocks over the past 4 years. The staff are attentive and very polite and the manager usually visits your table a couple of times during the meal to ask if everything is to your taste. The 'waitrons' are good at suggesting wine to accompany your choice of food.

Most of the visits to O & O have been very good experiences; there have just been a couple of times when the quality of the steak has been below what we have come to expect of this establishment. Unfortunately this was the case during our last, and final visit on this trip to South Africa. It was rather disappointing that upon informing the 'waitron' of this, we received no apology. Well I suppose this is an extremely popular restaurant in the area and as from our accents they can tell we are tourists, it will make no difference to them. What a pity.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Food, Service and cleanliness all extremely good.
There was six of us, all differing in tastes, everyone was very happy to have diner there.

1  Thank Christine B
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Turned up at this restaurant but had booked Glenwood by accident, no problem the manager made a plan and organised a table no issue. Between the 6 of us we has a variety of meals and they were all great. Highly recommended.