All reviewsgateway mallwalking distanceheated poolbreakfast and dinnerbreakfast staffexcellent hotelthe hotel staffin room diningclean roomsenjoyed my stayclose proximityhotel is situatedexcellent staybar fridgekeep up the good workbusiness hotelminute drive
Reviewed April 4, 2012

I spent one night at this hotel after a traumatic day that involved my toddler son being admitted to Umhlangha hospital. My husband stayed with the child overnight and I went to find a hotel to stay in. I only checked in after 8pm but the staff where so helpful and friendly.
The room was very comfortable and the furniture brand new. You can see they had designers in to help with this hotel. The whole place has a modern feel to it. The shower has great pressure and the bed was super comfy.
In the morning the breakfast was incredible. The selection was huge and all of a very high quality.
When I checked out the staff asked about my son and insisted I go to the hospital and give my husband my room card so he could go to the hotel and shower and have breakfast.
They were so friendly and helpful.
I will return to this hotel for a lovely weekend break very soon.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 21, 2012

This hotel is amazing and is great value for money. Since the hotel is fairly new it is in top notch condition. The rooms are very neat, smell great and have excellent finishes. This is going to be my go to hotel in the future. Apart from this the service is great and the hotel boasts two pools (1 Big one and a kiddies pool with sea sand and a play area).

Downside: No halaal menu

Room Tip: Try to choose a room on Level 2/4 - These levels have a dedicated ice machine.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Wonderful stay. Had the opportunity to stay for 4 nights with my husband and 2 kids. We all had a wonderful time. Bedroom lovely decor, clean and very comfy, possibly have more than one chair available to sit on. Bathroom was great, with separate bath and shower which is fantastic for the family. Buffet breakfast in the morning is outstanding - was a highlight for the entire family - great fun deciding which style of egg was to be devoured, with the pancakes the biggest highlight. Centrally located to the Gateway - 2 minute walk which was so convenient. Only suggestion, don't heat the swimming pool in summer, just to warm in Natal. Staff were outstanding and it was so refreshing to be at the receiving end of such warm and friendly service. Kids asked when we could go stay again - all of us in agreement, great place to spend a long weekend, centrally located and can't wait to go back - lovely hotel and highly recomend it.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor with view of the courtyard and swimming pool which was lovely. Not sure if you would be able to get a sea view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We chose this hotel as we had used the Sun group in the past and found this to be a lovely place and extremely good value. The hotel is modern and situated in a great location close to loads of restaurants and amenities. The reception staff as has been said, were great, the welcome was friendly and they were extremely helpful. The room was spacious and comfortable and very clean with a super walk in shower, always a plus. The complimentary breakfast was average, but we were in very early so it could have been they were not set up early enough. Parking was included in the price and it made the place an even better bargain.
All in all a good place to stay if you just need somewhere to sleep for one night.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2012

This is a lovely, clean and modern hotel in an excellent location with a nice sea view. All the staff members involved with dinner and breakfast are very helpful and are prepared to go the extra mile. The ladies at reception immediately created a "welcome" feeling on arrival....great stuff. Having a stand-alone shower and not having to shower in a bath is also a big plus. This was my 1st stay at Garden Court Umhlanga, and certainly not my last. This was certainly the best Garden Court I have every stayed in. My only minor negativity was that not all the room TV channels were working.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea facing room. The higher the better.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business