$104
  • Pool
The Oyster Box(Umhlanga Rocks)
$317
Beverly Hills(Umhlanga Rocks)
$293
Holiday Inn Express Durban - Umhlanga(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
$63
  • Breakfast included
AHA Gateway Hotel(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
$71
Chartwell Guest House(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
$55
$46
  • Breakfast included
Protea Hotel Durban Umhlanga(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
$95
  • Bar/Lounge
Royal Palm Hotel(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
$243
$66
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $82/night.

Manaar House Bed and Breakfast(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
$81
$68
All reviewsgateway mallwalking distanceheated poolbreakfast and dinnerbreakfast stafftsogo sunexcellent hotelthe hotel staffin room diningclean roomsenjoyed my stayclose proximityhotel is situatedexcellent staykeep up the good workbusiness hotelminute drive
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We stayed at the Garden Court Umhlanga for a week. We had an excellent stay. The room was well-sized and nicely decorated. The room had a very distant view of the sea. We ordered room service - the food was good but the selection was very limited. The breakfast was excellent. The hotel is nicely decorated, has a nice pool area and is well located.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NooneyG
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Could not believe this hotel was only 3 stars! It has one of the best breakfast buffets I’ve ever had (definitely better than any I’ve ever had in Europe or North America, and almost certainly better than any in Asia too) and it even has a large heated outdoor pool! In Europe this place would be 5 stars for sure, and would cost four times as much!

Our rooms were huge, bathrooms also spacious and totally clean. The complimentary shampoos, creams etc. were amongst the nicest I’ve ever received.

Proximity to the Gateway Shopping Centre proved very useful for us on our business trip, and it was also near enough for a quick drive to the warm Indian Ocean for swims in between work!

One criticism, you can only get Internet via paid-for vouchers at front desk (even my 3g was disabled in the hotel, presumably by some transmitter). That was a bit frustrating while doing business.

I seriously recommend this place. The staff are great, the facilities are great, and it’s a steal at the price especially!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Alexander T
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I stayed as Cop17 was winding down. I would have liked to stay for 2 nights or more but could only get 1 as many Cop17 representatives were still using accommodation in the area.

The check-in was smooth and quick. The decor from the time we stepped in was beautiful, especially the breakfast seating area. The room was neat and tidy and of a faur size. The decor in there was beautiful too. All the usual amenities (the type you would expect to find in a 3/4 star hotel) were present. That includes coffee making facilities and safe. There was no bar fridge though, however, I believe this is standard for 3 star hotels in South Africa.
The queen size bed was very comfortable. The only drawback (about the room) is possibly that there was no chair/couch for relaxation. I have become used to this at the 4 and 5 star hotels I normally visit in Asia and the Middle East. We called reception on two occassions; once for additional coffee, tea, etc. and then for iron facilities. On both occassions the items were delivered promptly. The pool area (just outside the dining area) is well laid out and so is the greenery/garden.
The only thing I found really annoying was that the room service menu was not available throughout the day. It is only available between around 5pm and 11pm.
The breakfast was excellent and had a wide selection. Really sumptuous!
Overall I believe this is a great establishment and I will definitely be back for another stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a pool view.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dezign99
Reviewed December 6, 2011

My partner and I have now stayed at his hotel on many occasions. Unfortunately, on each occasion it has been work, rather than pleasure that has brought us to Durban. The Garden Court Umhlanga goes a long way to making work away from home a more pleasant experience. All of the rooms we have ever stayed in have been large, beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. The beds are very large and comfortable. The white cotton linen is incredibly inviting and comforting. The bathrooms are immaculately maintained and stylish. The complimentary hair and bath products look and smell great. The staff at the hotel offer slick, friendly and intelligent service. The breakfast on offer has to be seen to be believed. There is something for every palate. Everything on offer is fresh and the hot breakfasts are prepared with excellence. The hotel even offers fresh smoothies at breakfast. The chic and elegant dining area is spacious and offers guests more than enough privacy while dining, which is more than can be said for many far pricier hotels that I have stayed at in Europe and Asia. The hotel also boasts a heated swimming pool, which is more than large enough to exercise in. I noted that there was a modest gym available on the hotel's top floor, however I did not make use of this facility. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the massive Gateway Mall. The hotel also offers complimentary underground parking. The rates at this hotel are very competitive. We often pay less than $100 a night here. I think it would be fair to say that this establishment must offer one of the best value for money hotel experiences in the world.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Craig W
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Had such a great time. From the moment we stepped inside the hotel, we were given a warm welcome. The hotel staff were wonderful and very helpful. The rooms are not so spacious but there is a bath and a shower. The location would be great for business trips.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends