“good value for money”

Road Lodge Umhlanga
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Umhlanga Rocks
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Very nice hotel, well situated, 2 mns walk to Gateway mall. The room was clean but a bit small. With luggages.i would also suggest having a kettle and cups in the room with some complimentary coffee or tea for once at least. At the reception it was ok overall, the gentleman who was at the reception on the day of our arrival when we checked in on the 20th Nov was very helpful and courteous

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jakiram
There are newer reviews for Road Lodge Umhlanga

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Visited twice with my girlfriend ,now we both agreed to join as members because of good customer care and for the fact that it is very close to the mall.Rooms are very clean but the space of the shower is too small ,hopefully they will improve on this element.I highly recommend this lodge if you really want a peace of mind with your loved ones.

Room Tip: If you are nonsmoker ,make sure you are not close to the smokers room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sifiso M
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed in the hotel for one night. The customer service was excellent from the time I first emailed after having failed to make a booking online. The room was very clean. The hotel provides good value for money. This is a good hotel for overnight stays or if you are on budget.

Room Tip: For a good breakfast use the option to eat at City lodge, Road lodge's sister hotel which is a f...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed here 24 dec-27 dec and again 31 dec-2 jan. We stayed here as everywhere else was full. The staff were awesome on both stays and very helpfull. Rooms are quiet small but clean and decent. Aircon worked perfectly. The hotel is in gateway mall's parking lot. I highly recommend this hotel if u on a budget. It is a 10 min drive to umhlanga beach.

• Stayed: December 2011
4  Thank es786
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I had booked an overnight stay here as the City Lodge I usually stay in was full. To start with the website incorrectly charged me for three rooms instead of one. It took me 6 phone calls and 4 emails before they agreed to pay me back the difference. On arrival at the hotel I was in a hurry as we had tickets to a film that was starting shortly. The lady at the front desk greeted me then ignored me. She flirted and chatted with another customer for a while then phoned someone and chatted for a few minutes. Twenty minutes later she decided it was time to let us check in. I was then told that I had booked a smoking room but requested a non-smoking room. This was total BS as I made sure I had booked a non-smoking room as I hate smoking rooms. She then raised her voice telling me that I was wrong then disappeared into the back room. Sometime later she returned and told me again that I had a smoking room but through huge effort she could get me a non-smoking. I was then told that I should learn to read what I was booking and that I should not make that mistake again. I was livid. The room she gave us was on the ground floor and the door stuck so badly it took us ages to get in. The room itself was pleasant enough with a small en-suite and was good value for money. I am sure we were given a room that had issues with the door just because I got angry. I will never stay at the hotel again after the attitude from the staff and I will send letter to the head office.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank katinafrica
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Friendly staff
Very neat hotel and in walking distance to Gateway shopping mall.
Value for money

• Stayed: March 2011
3  Thank JKoen
Reviewed June 8, 2010

I have stayed many times in your range of lodges around the country but booked out yesterday to be told the rate had increased the previous night andf I would have to pay extra. THIS IS NOT ON. I stayed 4 4 nights at a prearranged rate. This left a bad taste in my mouth. ( I would have recommended your hotel but this is not the way to do business)

• Stayed: June 2010
2  Thank 7777eastlondon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Umhlanga Rocks
AHA Gateway Hotel
AHA Gateway Hotel
#7 of 18 in Umhlanga Rocks
Holiday Inn Express Durban - Umhlanga
Holiday Inn Express Durban - Umh...
#11 of 18 in Umhlanga Rocks
#10 of 18 in Umhlanga Rocks
No photo provided
Regal Inn Umhlanga
#1 of 1 in Umhlanga

Been to Road Lodge Umhlanga? Share your experiences!