Road Lodge Umhlanga
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Coastlands Umhlanga(Umhlanga Rocks)
Very Good 4/5
Royal Palm Hotel(Umhlanga Rocks)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Garden Court Umhlanga(Umhlanga Rocks)
Great 4.5/5
AHA Gateway Hotel(Umhlanga Rocks)
    Teremok Marine(Umhlanga Rocks)
    Excellent 5/5
    All reviewsbudget hotelrooms are smallgateway mallgreat locationfresh smellsmall tvconvenient hotelsafe parkingroom was cleanclose to the airportone nightwalking distancestay there againeasy accessfree wifiumhlangaestablishment
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed December 11, 2011

I had booked an overnight stay here as the City Lodge I usually stay in was full. To start with the website incorrectly charged me for three rooms instead of one. It took me 6 phone calls and 4 emails before they agreed to pay me back the difference. On arrival at the hotel I was in a hurry as we had tickets to a film that was starting shortly. The lady at the front desk greeted me then ignored me. She flirted and chatted with another customer for a while then phoned someone and chatted for a few minutes. Twenty minutes later she decided it was time to let us check in. I was then told that I had booked a smoking room but requested a non-smoking room. This was total BS as I made sure I had booked a non-smoking room as I hate smoking rooms. She then raised her voice telling me that I was wrong then disappeared into the back room. Sometime later she returned and told me again that I had a smoking room but through huge effort she could get me a non-smoking. I was then told that I should learn to read what I was booking and that I should not make that mistake again. I was livid. The room she gave us was on the ground floor and the door stuck so badly it took us ages to get in. The room itself was pleasant enough with a small en-suite and was good value for money. I am sure we were given a room that had issues with the door just because I got angry. I will never stay at the hotel again after the attitude from the staff and I will send letter to the head office.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
    6  Thank katinafrica
    Reviewed March 7, 2011

Friendly staff
    Very neat hotel and in walking distance to Gateway shopping mall.
    Value for money

• Stayed: March 2011
    3  Thank JKoen
    Reviewed June 8, 2010

I have stayed many times in your range of lodges around the country but booked out yesterday to be told the rate had increased the previous night andf I would have to pay extra. THIS IS NOT ON. I stayed 4 4 nights at a prearranged rate. This left a bad taste in my mouth. ( I would have recommended your hotel but this is not the way to do business)

• Stayed: June 2010
    2  Thank 7777eastlondon
    Reviewed February 25, 2010

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in December. The rooms are clean and we enjoyed the proximity of the hotel to Gateway Shopping Centre and the beach. However, it would be wonderful if the rooms are divided into smoking and non-smoking.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
    3  Thank MVMHarare_Zimbabwe
    Reviewed October 3, 2009

After a recent trip to the hotel I was definitley not impressed with the service, this was earlier in the year (2009). After i complained to the manager i was promptly attended to and who assured me that this was a once of occurrance. On this visit the hotel staff definitly made this stay a five star experience. i wil definitly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting. Thanks to the manager and the staff for an excellent stay

Stayed: July 2009